Share | 

W.A.S.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: W.A.S.   22nd May 2010, 4:57 pm

An announcement from Stet Howland, ex W.A.S.P. member:

Chris Holmes, Randy Piper, Steve Unger (Metal Church), Rich Lewis (Animal), and me = the new metal band W.A.S. or Where angels Suffer.
The new cd (Purgatory) is done, heavy, and ready to destroy. We will play all the hits, as well as ALL the dangerous music the current wasp is skipping. FLB? Mean Man? huhh? HUH? First show in Ft Myers... early July. Horns high!!!!!!!

Sounds like really cool news Very Happy I'd be curious to see what would come out of this. Chris, Randy and Stet truly rock, and Rich Lewis is a perfect choice, too. Very Happy
Stet also said that they are 'threatening to play EVERYWHERE' Laughing that should mean that they are supposed to tour outside of the States, too! Shocked

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   22nd May 2010, 8:27 pm

AHHH! Wanna twist and shout!

Not to say that I'd like to see them in W.A.S.P. again, but this is called pure brotherhood which brings my tears down in my eyes... This is great, God I'm speechless this is great!

I remember that kiss acoustic, all the original line up, new members and the older ones were together for an acoustic set, a huuuge kiss family it was and lemme tell you, I'm feeling just the same thing again.. Tell me to do so, and I'll cry a river now - no, no okay I'm fine guys..

Oh and what an original name! W.A.S. haha
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   22nd May 2010, 9:22 pm

oh god,that's gonna be awesome
Randy and Chris together? wow,that was almost 30 years ago
W.A.S. is a very cool name indeed but "where angels suffer" sounds quite lame anyways,hope to see them live,rock on guys
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   17th October 2010, 11:39 pm

Bringing up the topic again, 'cos I feel the need to rant about this a little.
Kinda expressed my opinion on the Nation already, but I thought about posting about it here too.

Sooo... the first "W.A.S." album, Purgatory, is going to be out on October 31st. Here's an article, also posted on the official W.A.S. Facebook page, with the track listing and a link to the song samples on Amazon: http://www.metal-rules.com/metalnews/

Here's the official W.A.S. site: http://www.whereangelssuffer.com/fr_home.cfm
You can hear Judgment Day, one of the "W.A.S." songs in full from the player on the lower side of the page.

Why am I using quotation marks to say "W.A.S." albums? Neutral
'Cos this whole thing actually looks like a terrible fake. See the songs in the track listing?
Most of them were already published in Randy Piper's Animal album called Virus.
The other two, Boom and Violent New Breed, come from another Animal album, called Violent New Breed.
I listened to the samples, and the sound exactly the same as the Animal songs. I have the original Virus album: the only two "W.A.S." members actually playing in those songs are Chris Laney and Randy Piper.
There might be Chris Holmes in the Violent New Breed tracks, but that's about all. As far as I can see, Stet Howland and Steve Unger never even entered the recording studio to take part in the realization of those tracks.

Unfortunately, the only full Randy Piper's Animal song you can find on Youtube is the cover of Zombie by The Cranberries:

...Ok, well, there's also this guy here playing a cover of Randy Piper's Animal Unnatural High.

In short, all the songs were already out and published.
Purgatory is nothing more than a compilation and, as far as I can see, W.A.S. are trying to cheat us all to make us believe that ex W.A.S.P. members got back together for a sort of reunion with all new tracks.
I still hope there's some sort of huge mistake in all of this, 'cos thinking that Stet, Chris, Randy and the others do really think to cheat on fans like this, it's a really huge disappointment Neutral
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   18th October 2010, 12:30 am

Why are you so disappointed? What did you expect from them? Have you seen what Chris Holmes looks like? He can hardly keep his eyes open, at least according to the recent pictures, not to mention that he hasn't been in shownbiz for ages and now, all of a sudden, the fans expect miracles! I don't want to sound as a Blackie freak, but let's face it: Blackie is the only true talent in the band and deserves respect for being present on the rock scene during all these years. All his ex band mates are insignificant, more or less.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   18th October 2010, 12:40 am

Well, actually Chris was still in the music business and in very recent times, Xan Laughing
He did some live shows around the States, in which he played some W.A.S.P. songs as a guest star, and he recorded an album with the band Secret Society, just last year. I have the Secret Society album and love it to pieces, pity that now the band seems to be disbanded -I was in contact with Courtney, bassist of the band, at the time, and I kinda know why they disbanded, not sure if I can post that publicly, though Neutral -

Anyway, I know for sure that Chris is more than able to record an album and put on a show, same for Stet, Randy and the others who, in one way or another, kept playing music during this whole time, even after leaving W.A.S.P./Animal/Metal Church. I actually think that Randy, Chris and Stet were among the best guys in W.A.S.P., and Rich Lewis and Steve Unger rock too. They didn't "make it" again and were never as big as Blackie, maybe, but they're still pretty damn good musicians.
That's why I'm disappointed: I think they have the talent, they had more than six months to put at least a couple of new songs together, they're all amazing players... do they REALLY need to lower their reputation like this? Neutral And, really, who do they think they're foolin'? Shocked

(edited for mistake, put Chris Laney in there instead of Rich Lewis Neutral )

Last edited by Doctor Ruin on 25th October 2010, 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   19th October 2010, 12:50 am

Well, Doc, I must say I don't share your enthusiasm about W.A.S. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being malicious. I want them all the luck of this world, both professionally and in their private lives, but to me, they just don't look promising. What new can a bunch of elderly, ran-down musicians bring to the rock scene? Nothing, except - recycling (which is not new, by the way)! As I have said, I don't want to sound malicious - maybe they still can make it. They are like the parts of a good, but old car - if you put them together, you might have a good ride. The only thing they're missing is - the engine. They need the boss, the leader, a talented and trustworthy person who knows what he's doing and who will take the responsibility. Someone who will get them back to the top.
By the way, I know most of them, including Chris, have been playing in various, but not very successful bands. They also did the jobs that had nothing to do with music: Chris was a construction worker, for example. I wonder how a rock star becomes a worker. Blackie has written the story about how an anonymous boy becomes a rock star. Maybe Chris could tell us his story: from stars to the mud!
Laughing I couldn't resist saying this about Chris. It's because I have a feeling he is the only one to blame for his downfall.
In spite of all my doubts about W.A.S., I would really like to see them make some good music.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   24th October 2010, 3:22 pm

xanthipee wrote:
Well, Doc, I must say I don't share your enthusiasm about W.A.S. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being malicious. I want them all the luck of this world, both professionally and in their private lives, but to me, they just don't look promising. What new can a bunch of elderly, ran-down musicians bring to the rock scene? Nothing, except - recycling (which is not new, by the way)! As I have said, I don't want to sound malicious - maybe they still can make it. They are like the parts of a good, but old car - if you put them together, you might have a good ride. The only thing they're missing is - the engine. They need the boss, the leader, a talented and trustworthy person who knows what he's doing and who will take the responsibility. Someone who will get them back to the top.

Well, can't totally agree with you on this, there are lots of 'old' rockers who can still bring out nice tunes and stuff... W.A.S.P. themselves being included in the list, too Laughing
None of 80s rockers is exactly revolutionary anymore, yet they produce some very nice stuff... sometimes, they go back to their 80s sounds, sometimes they try out new stuff, taking inspiration from contemporary music, some other times they make a mix of all their knowledges and bring out something still cool.
Yep, it's a sort of recycling, but... it's actually a recycling that leads to new stuff.
Not a recycling of already made stuff, like "W.A.S." did D: so, I'm not against the concept of recycling itself -which is largely used in art, by the way Laughing - but I'm fully against recycling that leads to fooling fans.

Quote :
By the way, I know most of them, including Chris, have been playing in various, but not very successful bands. They also did the jobs that had nothing to do with music: Chris was a construction worker, for example. I wonder how a rock star becomes a worker. Blackie has written the story about how an anonymous boy becomes a rock star. Maybe Chris could tell us his story: from stars to the mud! Laughing I couldn't resist saying this about Chris. It's because I have a feeling he is the only one to blame for his downfall.
In spite of all my doubts about W.A.S., I would really like to see them make some good music.

Ehr, that was ages ago, though Laughing if I'm not wrong, it was more than 10 years ago, when Chris worked in constructions.
I'd dare to say that, in this case, it was mostly Chris' fault, though. I don't really know how contracts for rockstars work, but I never really believed that Blackie could steal any of the band's money. Looking at my mum's contracts as a writer, I always thought that every single band member would sign a personal contract that gives a precise amount of money, so it would be the major to pay the members, not the band leader.
Cruel as it may sound, I always thought that Chris wasted the majority of his money in alchool and other shit, and then thought it would be easy to bash Blackie for the misery he created on his own.
Buuuut... as I said, I don't really know how it works with money in music business, so I might just be posting a lot of bullshit Neutral in that case, forgive me for that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   

Back to top Go down

W.A.S.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: W.A.S.P. Corner-
Jump to: