Ladies Room Anthems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   17th August 2010, 2:34 am

Doctor Ruin wrote:
Yep!!! Well, to be completely honest, my only problem with black metal (and some death and/or super hard thrash), now, is that... it makes me sleep
I'm not kidding, it seriously happens. D: The harder the song is, the better I sleep on it

I can't believe this but it was just the same here I (again) remember Varg Vikernes or Eronymous (can't remember which one) was talking about extreme metal and going like "I see black metal like I see opera. You have to 'study' before you actually get a chace to enjoy opera. Your ears must be familiar with it. It's the same with extreme metal, your ears should be familiar and educated." which is by far the best comparison in my opinion; soon as I got more familiar with extreme metal (which happened a real short time ago) I started to hear things I couldn't before

Quote :
Aaargh, emos! Are you experiencing an emo invasion, too, lately?
Damn they're everywhere!

Quote :
Anyway... well, I have that steampunk dissertation to do, and I discovered that lots of Steampunk imagery and, especially, music, comes from goth stuff. I already mentioned Bauhaus, in effect I was taking a look at them just in these days, they're pretty cool! As for Sisters Of Mercy I think you linked a video on msn, not so long ago... never heard anything by Siouxie & The Banshees, even though I heard their name! Shame on me, I know
Hehe Bauhaus is like one of the most favorite bands of Wally And Siouxie.. Don't waste any time and go check them out! I believe it will be useful for you in that case
And yes.. That video was Lucretia, My Reflection
Quote :

Both the music and the video kicked ass, that's true! Probably not my style, but still damn good!
(And I *love* the fact that, even though they scream with raw voices and so on, it's still possible to understand what they say )
Ah, I actually don't care about music hahahaha, just give me some video interviews of Satyr and I'm off till the morning!

Quote :
And no, you're not the only one, that guy does remind of Gene Simmons at times
Oh that's great..
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   17th August 2010, 3:22 pm

Betelguese wrote:
I can't believe this but it was just the same here I (again) remember Varg Vikernes or Eronymous (can't remember which one) was talking about extreme metal and going like "I see black metal like I see opera. You have to 'study' before you actually get a chace to enjoy opera. Your ears must be familiar with it. It's the same with extreme metal, your ears should be familiar and educated." which is by far the best comparison in my opinion; soon as I got more familiar with extreme metal (which happened a real short time ago) I started to hear things I couldn't before

Hahah, good that's a great comparison, indeed, and sounds absolutely true (unbelievable! I agree with Burzum and/or Euronymous for once!!! ). You definitely need to get more familiar with similar stuff to enjoy it!

...Maybe someday I'll be able to get past the whole yawning phase, too, who knows Laughing

Quote :
Damn they're everywhere!

Hell yes... they pop out like mushrooms after rain

Quote :
Hehe Bauhaus is like one of the most favorite bands of Wally And Siouxie.. Don't waste any time and go check them out! I believe it will be useful for you in that case
And yes.. That video was Lucretia, My Reflection

Yay! Ok, gonna search for Siouxie, so! Very Happy
And yep, that was the name of the Sister Of Mercy song, didn't remember that, thanks! =)

Quote :
Ah, I actually don't care about music hahahaha, just give me some video interviews of Satyr and I'm off till the morning!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   17th August 2010, 8:27 pm

haha Satyricon and Behemoth!

seeing how Bet changes this way makes me feel awesome pirat i was a loner when it was about listening to extreme metal,she was like "ok,thanks i'm happy without it",but now things have changed 1895

i can't wait to see her banging her head and drooling over Slayer haha

[Brucey voice]Your time will comeeeee[/Brucey voice]

oh and..

Satyr
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   17th August 2010, 9:18 pm

too much extreme here ladies(not that i complain) but let's slow down..
one of the most underrated bands ever and a classic:
Grand Funk Railroad-Heartbreaker

Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   18th August 2010, 1:49 am

Quote :
Hahah, good that's a great comparison, indeed, and sounds absolutely true (unbelievable! I agree with Burzum and/or Euronymous for once!!! ). You definitely need to get more familiar with similar stuff to enjoy it!

Yay for agreeing with Burzum/Mayhem, it was a real weird experience.. Remembering those days.. Actually "metal" meant only "black metal" when I was growing up, you know everything metal was black metal or let's say 'extremely satanic'. If you dared to ask other people; they would tell ya, "metalheads" were killing each other, some were committing suicide and their friends were taking pictures of the dead ones' bloody, exploded bodies and making necklaces out of their bones.. Really weird times. Many of us weren't allowed to wear even a black winter coat because it was "metal", a fucking winter coat is supposed to be black right? Anyways, I just remembered

principia wrote:
haha Satyricon and Behemoth!

seeing how Bet changes this way makes me feel awesome pirat i was a loner when it was about listening to extreme metal,she was like "ok,thanks i'm happy without it",but now things have changed 1895

i can't wait to see her banging her head and drooling over Slayer haha

[Brucey voice]Your time will comeeeee[/Brucey voice]

oh and..

Satyr

I know I make you happy Hahahhaha all kidding aside, it makes me bloody happy, too!

[Robert Plant Voice]Your time is gonna come[/Robert Plant Voice]
[Joey Ramone Voice]Time has come today! Hey![/Joey Ramone Voice]

haha..

Quote :
Grand Funk Railroad-Heartbreaker
Looooordddd
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   19th August 2010, 11:50 pm

Betelguese wrote:
Quote :

Yay for agreeing with Burzum/Mayhem, it was a real weird experience.. Remembering those days.. Actually "metal" meant only "black metal" when I was growing up, you know everything metal was black metal or let's say 'extremely satanic'. If you dared to ask other people; they would tell ya, "metalheads" were killing each other, some were committing suicide and their friends were taking pictures of the dead ones' bloody, exploded bodies and making necklaces out of their bones.. Really weird times. Many of us weren't allowed to wear even a black winter coat because it was "metal", a fucking winter coat is supposed to be black right? Anyways, I just remembered

LOL, the satanic black coat

It was kinda the same here, too! D:

Only that here they also made a huge confusion with genres. Some years ago, when you said "metal", they kept on thinking that you were talking about Marilyn Manson, that was about the only name they can think of. Some others may add Black Sabbath and the "terrible" Ozzy Osbourne to the list, but Marilyn was always the first to come to mind. Both of them were often strongly linked to black metal, satanic people, guys partying in the name of Satan, burning churches and raping their neighbour's dog. None of this stuff was related, obviously... or, at least, it happened to be related only in veeeeeeeeeery rare cases, but there was a whole phenomenon against metalheads. Some fanatics are trying to bring it back nowadays. Just last month they were trying to cancel a metal fest in the south with the excuse that it was "satanic". Neutral

Personally, haven't had to deal with that sort of prejudice anymore ever since I started to attend art schools, as they're full of "alternative" guys... metal is really the norm, here Laughing my uncle used to be a metalhead, too, back in the 80s (and he saw W.A.S.P. during the Electric Circus tour, damn him! ), so my family, except few exceptions, is also quite used to similar stuff Laughing but prejudice is still around in many other ways, unfortunately Neutral

And nooooooooooooooooow...

Been obsessed with this today

Also... it already has its own topic over here, but still...
How couldn't we put this one, too?

Sexy man crawling on the floor with a killer look...
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   20th August 2010, 12:53 am

Doctor Ruin wrote:
Only that here they also made a huge confusion with genres. Some years ago, when you said "metal", they kept on thinking that you were talking about Marilyn Manson, that was about the only name they can think of. Some others may add Black Sabbath and the "terrible" Ozzy Osbourne to the list, but Marilyn was always the first to come to mind. Both of them were often strongly linked to black metal, satanic people, guys partying in the name of Satan, burning churches and raping their neighbour's dog. None of this stuff was related, obviously... or, at least, it happened to be related only in veeeeeeeeeery rare cases, but there was a whole phenomenon against metalheads. Some fanatics are trying to bring it back nowadays. Just last month they were trying to cancel a metal fest in the south with the excuse that it was "satanic". Neutral

Personally, haven't had to deal with that sort of prejudice anymore ever since I started to attend art schools, as they're full of "alternative" guys... metal is really the norm, here Laughing my uncle used to be a metalhead, too, back in the 80s (and he saw W.A.S.P. during the Electric Circus tour, damn him! ), so my family, except few exceptions, is also quite used to similar stuff Laughing but prejudice is still around in many other ways, unfortunately Neutral

Ah.. it's great to have such parents/relatives.. My parents were busy with their divorce suit so they really bothered me being a loner more than a "satanist" but my grandma was too worried, I still don't know which is more scary Haha..
Same with Marilyn and co.. And it's still the same with some other communities, thank Lord, we're not dealing with them anymore. Well actually, when Sonisphere was happening, some overly conservative dickheads kept saying that God makes it rain because of us, they said we were gonna be poisoned there and they should prevent us.. Luckily, nothing bad happened despite us satanists

Quote :
And nooooooooooooooooow...
Been obsessed with this today
The same with 'Snow Blind' off the same album to me There's an auto commercial on TV which uses a rhythm that's exactly sounds like snow blind rhythm. I believe it's the same one

Quote :
Ahh.. Don't do this now

Sexy cat stroking his white broad chest all over
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   20th August 2010, 1:51 am

Doctor Ruin wrote:

LOL, the satanic black coat

It was kinda the same here, too! D:

yeah,i remember when i first started listening to metal(well,i was such a poser back then Smile ) there was a satanic group who killed a girl in one of their rituals and that was kinda shocking for everyone,it was on the news,newspapers,panel discussions,everywhere...
so my family was quite uncomfortable with my new interests and appearance. they never said anything about what i did before,my family is also familiar with this kind of music because of my aunt(she used to listen to killer bands while she was at university) and it was the first time my dad wanted to have a conversation about what's going on with me and the first question he asked was:"now tell me,are you a satanist?cause these black shirts,strange pants and boots seems to stick on your body"
i said "no",tried to tell what this kind of music means to me and they never asked me anything again Smile

but still my little cousins call me like that sometimes and i say "hell yeah i am a satanist,now shut your mouths or i'll tear you to pieces Twisted Evil

Doctor Ruin wrote:

yeah,that's because it has its own topic

oh god,that's the best vid(chick-pleasing ) i've ever seen..nothing like this one dreamer
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   20th August 2010, 1:56 am

Ok ladies,it's vampire time

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   20th August 2010, 1:53 pm

Oooooh, hi Mr. Vampire! Very Happy

Betelguese wrote:
Ah.. it's great to have such parents/relatives.. My parents were busy with their divorce suit so they really bothered me being a loner more than a "satanist" but my grandma was too worried, I still don't know which is more scary Haha..
Same with Marilyn and co.. And it's still the same with some other communities, thank Lord, we're not dealing with them anymore. Well actually, when Sonisphere was happening, some overly conservative dickheads kept saying that God makes it rain because of us, they said we were gonna be poisoned there and they should prevent us.. Luckily, nothing bad happened despite us satanists

Aaaw, too bad about the divorce.
Damn, those fanatics are everywhere, by the way. Sucks really bad Suspect and I find it so silly when they use the weather as an excuse to prove their position

Quote :
The same with 'Snow Blind' off the same album to me There's an auto commercial on TV which uses a rhythm that's exactly sounds like snow blind rhythm. I believe it's the same one

Haha, probably it is What a Face and... Snow Bliiiiiiiind!

...Ok, now I have *that* stuck in my head Neutral

Damn you, Ace *part 2 - The Revenge*

Quote :
Ahh.. Don't do this now

Sexy cat stroking his white broad chest all over

And then sitting on that fucking chair looking straight at you with those beautiful eyes... not to mention those lips he has...

Ok, ok, I stop it here Neutral

principia wrote:
yeah,i remember when i first started listening to metal(well,i was such a poser back then Smile ) there was a satanic group who killed a girl in one of their rituals and that was kinda shocking for everyone,it was on the news,newspapers,panel discussions,everywhere...
so my family was quite uncomfortable with my new interests and appearance. they never said anything about what i did before,my family is also familiar with this kind of music because of my aunt(she used to listen to killer bands while she was at university) and it was the first time my dad wanted to have a conversation about what's going on with me and the first question he asked was:"now tell me,are you a satanist?cause these black shirts,strange pants and boots seems to stick on your body"
i said "no",tried to tell what this kind of music means to me and they never asked me anything again Smile

but still my little cousins call me like that sometimes and i say "hell yeah i am a satanist,now shut your mouths or i'll tear you to pieces Twisted Evil

Hahahah, I just imagined the whole scene Laughing Laughing great to know that things are ok, though!

( poor little cousins )

That reminded me of a classmate of mine, who once asked me a question starting with: "Serena, since you're a satanist..." can't remember the rest question, I only know that I was about to destroy him right when I heard the word "satanist" Laughing he was kidding, luckily.
...However, the majority of people usually think I'm a dark/goth who's into drugs and cigarettes, more than being satanic. All of which is still wrong Laughing
(By the way, since when jeans and heavy metal band tees are "goth" stuff? Laughing )

Quote :
yeah,that's because it has its own topic

oh god,that's the best vid(chick-pleasing ) i've ever seen..nothing like this one dreamer

Hell yeah

*Damn, I said I wasn't going to drool on that one anymore* Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Room Anthems   

Back to top Go down

Ladies Room Anthems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3