Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   2nd May 2010, 11:54 pm

ok,i'm a movie freak and i wanna know what your all time favorite movies are..
also,don't forget to write the last movie you saw..

i saw "How to Train Your Dragon" last week..i fuckin love animations and this was one of the best i've seen in years.. 9/10

well,it's damn hard to think about your favorites in general..when it comes to movies,it's even harder,but anyways i'll try:

not in particular order:
-The Green Mile
-21 Grams (probably my all time fav movie)
-Apocalypse Now (which i highly recommend if you haven't seen yet)
-The Crow
-Ed Wood (love Tim Burton and this is my fav Burton movie)
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-Edward Scissorhands (Ed has always reminded me of Blackie in a creepy but a lovely way Very Happy )
-The Truman Show
-Everything's Fine (seen it a few weeks ago,had to add it to my list, highly recommended)
-One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
-The Lord Of the Rings (no surprise, right Wink )
-Se7en
-Léon
-Forrest Gump
-WALL-E
-A Clockwork Orange
-The Shining
-Reservoir Dogs
-Artifical Intelligence
-Up
-Into the Wild
-The Lion King (how could i forget this one,it was the first movie i saw in a theatre)
-Little Miss Sunshine
-Reality Bites (ok, an avarage 90's movie,but i love it )

i'm sure there are lot of movies that i forgot to write but i'll add them to my list later..

Last edited by principia on 3rd May 2010, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   3rd May 2010, 12:08 am

Oooh, I was thinking about opening a similar topic! Lots of great movies in your list! Very Happy
I wanted to see How To Train Your Dragon, too, but I didn't manage to see it yet, though Neutral the last movie I watched was Back To The Future II... the first time I only saw the second half of it, so this time I could see it in its entirety Very Happy

I've been wanting to see Apocalypse Now for a while, now, but I always found the Redux version and I wanted to see the original movie first!

My favourite movies list is the following (no particular order, except, maybe, the first one):
-A.I. Artificial Intelligence
-The Crow
-Girls, Interrupted
-What Dreams May Come (I just LOVE how the idea of Paradise in there! Very Happy Plus, I've always been a huge fan of Robin Williams)
-The Lord Of The Rings (all)
-Pirates Of The Caribbean (all)
-Back To The Future (still, all of them)
-The Truman Show
-The Green Mile
-Clockwork Orange
-Edward Scissorhands (ok, let's say almost any Tim Burton movie)
-Forrest Gump
-Highlander
-Hook
-Harry Potter (first two movies, the rest are just terrible, I think D:)
-Almost any Disney and Disney/Pixar movie

I guess I have many others, will add them as soon as I think of them Very Happy

EDIT: lol, re-reading our list, seems we both have the same favourite movies Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   3rd May 2010, 12:23 am

damn,how could i forget "The Crow" one of my favorite movies of all time..seen it when i was 8 or 9 i think and i remember i couldn't believe Brandon Lee died while shooting the movie(can't remember the movie,but i remember that "dark" guy)..still can't believe it Crying or Very sad saw it twice after all those years,it's really an awesome movie..

never seen the remakes(god,how many of them are there ) but i read somewhere that Blackie would be the new Eric Draven,in any of those remakes,but it just didn't happen,i dunno why..anybody heard about this? wow,how awesome would that be

i forgot "A.I." also,but i added them to my list Wink
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   3rd May 2010, 12:42 am

Yep, Brandon Lee being shot at during the movie was really a terrible thing... Sad I could see the movie only a few years ago, I always heard about it, but never watched it... then I received the DVD as present and fell in love with it! Never seen the remakes, either, they don't really inspire me that much Shocked
Yep, if I remember well, Blackie was supposed to give his voice to the main character of the movie in an animated version, or somewhat like that... pity the project was left away Sad I would have been very curious to see him in Trick Or Treat and Terminator 2, too... but for different reasons, he couldn't do any of those two, in the end Sad

Woh, you like A.I. too, so! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   3rd May 2010, 12:45 am

oh,found an interview about Blackie being on "The Crow"

"Do you have any plans to be in any movies?

I'm going to meet with people for The Crow III, which is in the works. It won't be live action, but animated, like the original comic books. I plan to provide voice and music."

so that's all about it

the whole interview is quite interesting,dunno,maybe you've already seen it before but i'm gonna post it on WASP Corner
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   3rd May 2010, 12:53 am

Doctor Ruin wrote:

Yep, if I remember well, Blackie was supposed to give his voice to the main character of the movie in an animated version, or somewhat like that... pity the project was left away Sad I would have been very curious to see him in Trick Or Treat and Terminator 2, too... but for different reasons, he couldn't do any of those two, in the end Sad

yeah,i just found the interview..
haha it was one of the first things i read about Blackie years ago,that he was too tall to be in Terminator 2 big grin
"what a guy " i thought

Doctor Ruin wrote:
Woh, you like A.I. too, so!

yep. i always wanted to see it,and then one day, i told my brother and my cousin to buy a DVD(can't remember which one i told them,but i'm sure it wasn't A.I. ) and they came up with this one buzz saw

that's what happens when you give money to 10 and 11 year olds big grin
but it was worth the money of course..one of the best movies ever made..
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   3rd May 2010, 1:33 am

principia wrote:

haha it was one of the first things i read about Blackie years ago,that he was too tall to be in Terminator 2 big grin
"what a guy " i thought

Haha, cool! Very Happy I remember that when I read about the fact that he was too tall for the role I was between "woah, he's THAT tall? Great!" (ehr, I have a huge passion for very tall men, lol) and "Nooooooo! D: I wanted to see him in the movie!!!"

By the way, I'd love to see the interview posted, I didn't read it in a while, it would be nice to take a look at it again, so post it if you want! =)

Quote :
yep. i always wanted to see it,and then one day, i told my brother and my cousin to buy a DVD(can't remember which one i told them,but i'm sure it wasn't A.I. ) and they came up with this one buzz saw

that's what happens when you give money to 10 and 11 year olds big grin
but it was worth the money of course..one of the best movies ever made..

Lol, great! Laughing I can imagine the surprise when they came up with a completely different movie Laughing Well, the good thing is that was definitely worth it, at last Very Happy
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   3rd May 2010, 1:44 am

Doctor Ruin wrote:
"woah, he's THAT tall? Great!" (ehr, I have a huge passion for very tall men, lol)
same here for some odd reason,i didn't think he was that tall,but when i found out he was 6'4'' i was literally like

Doctor Ruin wrote:
By the way, I'd love to see the interview posted, I didn't read it in a while, it would be nice to take a look at it again, so post it if you want! =)

posted it Wink
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   3rd May 2010, 2:05 am

principia wrote:
same here for some odd reason,i didn't think he was that tall,but when i found out he was 6'4'' i was literally like

Yep, probably his height isn't really noticeable 'cos in pics with the other members of the band he's often kneeling or curved in some ways that he looks as tall as the others, or even shorter Laughing and Chris is just as tall as him, if not more, so in pictures together they look just like two 'average size' men. Laughing

Quote :
posted it Wink

Yay, thanks =)

Back to movies, another one I really liked was C.R.A.Z.Y.. I saw when I was in high school, it was a cinema project or so, and it was actually the only movie in the schedule I really liked... all the others were damn boring or just plain stupid Laughing but this one was cool =)
Back to top Go down
zombiesmack27
Customer

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   4th May 2010, 8:02 am

My Favorite Movies
'The Brotherhood of the Wolf' - a stunning french movie, beautiful to look at.
'Bram Stoker's Dracula' - I never would have thought of Gary Oldman for Dracula.
'Bladerunner' - an almost too accurate dystopian sci-fi.
'Altered States' - this movie SO needs to be remade!
'The Howling' - best werewolf movie ever.
'The Libertine' - John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester, Johnny Depp. 'Nuff said.
'From Hell' - about Jack the Ripper, also with Johnny Depp.

The movie I most recently watched was 'Zombieland' - they used 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' by Metallica for the opening screen credits. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   13th July 2010, 10:45 pm

The list of my favourite films is quite long, because many of them are not made in Hollywood, but I'll make the complete list of my favourites, no matter if they are made in Hollywood or not:

- The Fifth Element
- The Lord of the Rings
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Lara Croft: the tomb raiders
- Amarcord
- La vita e bela
- La bella de jour
- The Wrestler
- Miracolo a Milano
-
Matrimonio all'italiana
- Taxi 1 & 2
- Enchanting April
- The Remains of the Day
- Brave
- The Barber of Siberia
- Solaris
- Andrey Rublyov
- Gosford Park
- Three colours: Blue
- Atame
- The Mask of Zoro

- Saving private Ryan
-The Terminal
- Hair
- An education
- Midsomer Murders (all the episodes)
- Poirot (all the episodes with David Suchet)
- CSI: New York (all the episodes)
- CSI: Miami (all the episodes)

and many, many others ...

Last edited by xanthipee on 15th July 2010, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   13th July 2010, 11:02 pm

saw the last Shrek and Toy Story,both were beyond awesome cheers
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   15th July 2010, 3:17 am

Woah, I was pretty damn sure that Toy Story 3 was gonna come out in Italy only on August, just noticed that it is already in the cinemas Laughing I want to see it so bad, same for Shrek! Good to know that they were good... I guess I'm gonna take a look at the cinema soon, too Very Happy

@ Xan: I like Hair too! Very Happy And... woah, I can see some italian movies in your list! ...Would you believe me if I tell you that, even if I know all the titles, the only one I've seen is 'La vita è bella'? Laughing :oops:
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   15th July 2010, 12:15 pm

talking about the Italian movies...i like Ferzan Özpetek movies(well,not because he's Turkish Smile ) the story,cinematography and the actors are always perfect.

btw,i forgot to put "Life is Beautiful" in my list,which is one of the best movies i've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   15th July 2010, 11:02 pm

@ Doc All the Italian films I've listed are "a must" for you to watch! These films are made during the 60-ties when Hollywood was just learning how to make films. Cinecittà was the centre of the world film industry. The best directors and the best actors worked there: Vittorio de Sica, Federico Fellini, Bernardo Bertolucci, Marcello Mastroianni, Sophia Loren, Gina Lollobrigida and many, many others. I would strongly recommend you to watch AMARCORD first. It's hilarious! And it's a classic!

By the way, this is what famous Bernardo Bertolucci said about Hollywood:

"A monoculture is not only Hollywood, but Americans trying to export
democracy. I don't think you can in any way export culture with guns or
tanks. I think that I used to love Hollywood movies. I remember great
phases and moments. But, unfortunately, now is not the moment."

Needless to say, he was a commie!
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   15th July 2010, 11:11 pm

@principia I'm sure there are some great Turkish films, but the problem is they can't stand a chance with the shiny, glittering and sweet Hollywood A-production. It would be great if you could post a Turkish film in the pub cinema if there's the English subtitle. Regarding the Serbian cinematography, it is greatly influenced by the Italian, Czech and Russian film schools. It is enough to watch any of Emir Kusturica's films to realize that.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   16th July 2010, 12:39 am

Ferzan Özpetek is pretty good! Very Happy I've seen only a couple of movies by him, nice stuff Very Happy
Life Is Beautiful/La vita è bella is good too! I'm not a fan of Roberto Benigni, though... dunno, he has just that kind of face that makes me feel like punching him really bad, plus I can't stand his accent but still, I like the movie. Very Happy

xanthipee wrote:
@ Doc All the Italian films I've listed are "a must" for you to watch! These films are made during the 60-ties when Hollywood was just learning how to make films. Cinecittà was the centre of the world film industry. The best directors and the best actors worked there: Vittorio de Sica, Federico Fellini, Bernardo Bertolucci, Marcello Mastroianni, Sophia Loren, Gina Lollobrigida and many, many others. I would strongly recommend you to watch AMARCORD first. It's hilarious! And it's a classic!

Haha, yep, I know, I know... even though I still miss many of those movies (:oops:), I know that those were the days and the names of good italian cinema. Very Happy (I love Sophia Loren, by the way! Very Happy )
Amarcord is truly a classic! Very Happy Ok, gonna take a look at all the stuff I'm missing soon, I promise!

[typical italian lack of patriotism moment]...Talking about italian cinema, pity that nowadays we're producing loads of shitty stuff. Neutral Just to mention one of our """celebrities""" nowadays, Christian De Sica, Vittorio's son, became famous for his "cine-panettoni", low quality Christmas movies, with always the same story lines, which include people cheating on one another, boobs, asses and sad jokes. Neutral It's literally like spitting on his father's name... not to mention all the other shitty directors we have, bad actors who are famous just for their pretty faces and so on Sad SO. SAD.[/typical italian lack of patriotism moment]
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   17th July 2010, 12:35 am

Shall I start counting Hollywood shitty films? We won't leave this place till the day after tomorrow! Of course, it bothers nobody and why would it? Nothing and nobody's perfect. I only wanted to say that good, old Europe still has the strength to make a decent film.
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   18th August 2010, 8:49 pm

xanthipee wrote:
@principia I'm sure there are some great Turkish films, but the problem is they can't stand a chance with the shiny, glittering and sweet Hollywood A-production. It would be great if you could post a Turkish film in the pub cinema if there's the English subtitle. Regarding the Serbian cinematography, it is greatly influenced by the Italian, Czech and Russian film schools. It is enough to watch any of Emir Kusturica's films to realize that.

hey Xan,never saw this post of yours,but i read the others Neutral What a Face

can't say that i'm a big fan of Turkish movies. Turkish cinematogtaphy nowadays is an awful copy of Hollywood productions. there are some awful low budget movies with booby,big ass "stars",remakes of older Turkish movies,some -a thousand times copied- versions of horror(and apocalyptic themed) movies and cheap comedies. that's all i can say about Turkish cinematography.

on the other hand,thank god there's independent cinema and there are many talented directors on that area.

Nuri Bilge Ceylan is one of the most successful directors out there,he won many prizes on Cannes(and many other international festivals)

Yeşim Ustaoğlu is one of them. she's very talented and she's from my little hometown Smile her last movie "Pandora's Box" won the best movie prize on San Sebastian(and some on Berlin Cannes and Toronto)

another well known Turkish-German director is Fatih Akın,again many prizes on Cannes and Berlin (you may be familiar with some of his movies such as "Im Juli","Gegen Die Wand" and "Soul Kitchen")

as i mentioned,Ferzan Özpetek is one of my favorites.

Mennan Yapo is again a Turkish-German director. Sandra Bullock's Premonition was directed by him.

but you see,those directors are either Turkish-German or Turkish-Italian Smile
i guess that's because of the "shiny,hollywoodesque(!)" bullshit productions taking over the whole industry (if there's any) here!

good idea though,we can share some of these movies here!
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   18th August 2010, 8:55 pm

btw,saw Inception the other day.
wow!
it was really a "mindfuck" movie,but a great one! DiCaprio was awesome as always,not because i'm a female(that's one of the reasons though Smile ) but that guy is very talented. i'm a big fan of his acting since the days from his first movies like "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and "The Basketball Diaries"

highly recommended,go see it bounce
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   18th August 2010, 8:58 pm

principia wrote:
btw,saw Inception the other day.
wow!
it was really a "mindfuck" movie,but a great one! DiCaprio was awesome as always,not because i'm a female(that's one of the reasons though Smile ) but that guy is very talented. i'm a big fan of his acting since the days from his first movies like "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and "The Basketball Diaries"

highly recommended,go see it bounce
Arrghh can't wait for Inception! Gonna see it tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw   

Back to top Go down

Best movies you've ever seen/the last movie you saw
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1