Share | 

Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D   18th November 2010, 1:16 am

Well, tomorrow I'm going to see uncle Alice Cooper in concert Very Happy
Going to bed early tonight, as I have to wake up very soon in the morning for the travel to Milan D: soooo... I won't be online tonight and tomorrow, but see you back on the 19th! Very Happy

Will post pics as soon as I come back Very Happy
See ya I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D   18th November 2010, 1:36 am

GREEEEEAAAATTT!!! cheers

Say hi to uncle A! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D   18th November 2010, 2:05 am

I will, hahah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D   19th November 2010, 12:28 am

Well, have a great time and write a looooong report, please! I am a fan of yours! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D   19th November 2010, 9:26 pm

Haha, thanks dear! Very Happy

Soooo, back with pics... and the report! Very Happy

I'll admit that when I went to the concert I wasn't exactly in my best mood: my friend Joe had just told me two days before going to Milan that she wouldn't have been there 'cos she didn't find the ticket due to the sold out, so I was quite pissed off, 'cos I had to take a hotel for the night, paying 80s euros I didn't plan to spend and having the knowledge that I would have been totally ALONE at the show, 'cos I didn't know of anyone else I knew being there.
Anyway... I managed to be at the venue's doors at 8 pm. There were lots of guys looking for tickets, but very few fans outside the venue. I was pretty sure that the doors would have opened at 9 pm, but when I came nearer I discovered that they were already letting people enter the building D: apparently, that 9 pm was the time of the show, not the door opening one Shocked
Unfortunately, there were already quite a few persons inside and I could only manage to get the 6th or 7th row. However, it was good for me, as the Alcatraz (that's the name of the arena) has a very shitty audio quality in the first rows... from the place I was I could hear the songs way better Very Happy

I watched the show in a bit of a trance... from a side, I was still a little saddened 'cos I had no-one to talk to (and, obviously, I just got between a huge group of friends and a love-love kind of couple, just to make me feel worse Suspect ). From the other side, it seemed to be totally surreal to me to have Alice Cooper on stage just a few metres away from me. Yep, I saw him at Wacken, too, but that wasn't really what I'd call "see" Laughing
This time I was a bit luckier with the view, and I could enjoy the show way better. Funny how I thought about coming to the show with an Alice Cooper make up, then gave up on that to not look like a tard... and then discovered that half of the crowd had the same idea as me, and there were hundreds of mini-Cooper around Laughing

The stage show is totally stunning. Don't know if the girl acting on stage is still Alice's daughter, however I love her and how she moves Very Happy and the musicians are all great! The bassist is also one hell of a singer Very Happy
And Keri Kelli makes me totally drool

Loved how they used the shadow effects, both in the beginning, where you had this huge tent and Alice Cooper's giant shadow appearing on it, and later, when Alice was singing and we could just see the silhouette of the girl moving behind a white panel: they used that also to "kill" the girl. By the way, here I could finally experience something that always made me think: the cruel show and crowd's reaction.
The majority of the things shown during Alice's concert are stuff you would never do during your normal life: actually, some of them look even disgusting. Yet, we all found ourselves happily screaming when they were decapitating Mr. Cooper, or encouraging him when he was about to hang himself up.
It's a bit of a mixture between going back to the French Revolution, where violence became entertainment and people became totally wild, seeing a magician playing his tricks, a horror movie and a sort of weird Shakespearean tragedy, all together. Yeah, I know I'm not discovering anything new with this and that it has been said thousand of times during Alice Cooper interviews, but it's just my first time participating for real in a "psycho-drama" Laughing I won't deny that it makes a certain effect. What a Face

After the show, I just ran back to the hotel, as I didn't want to risk to miss my last train. While in the metro, I met a random guy who was at the concert too, and we chatted a bit Laughing well, at least I could get some company, in the end Very Happy
Now I'm back home again aaaaaaaaand... here I post pics Very Happy

I took more that 60, but the majority of them turned out really bad D: here are the "good" ones:

(One. Of The. Coolest. Pics. Of. The . List.)

(I really, really like this man )

(He came out with an italian flag during Elected Laughing I wondered if he was going to say something about Berlusconi or whatever... in effect, I think he DID say something -maybe not about Berlusconi, but still something- but I couldn't understand a word Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D   19th November 2010, 11:17 pm

Shiiiiiiit the photos look cool!! I didn't get the chance to read all of the report other than the arriving story because I'm very surprisingly drunk as hell but I sure will do some time around tomorrow -if I won't have to travel to my grandma's place which is another city- big grin

Serena, I love you beer chug
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D   21st November 2010, 2:24 pm

hey, that was too much for me Neutral

haha Serena,the pics are awesome, dear

i fuckin love Alice and i have no idea if i ever get the chance to see him live but i really felt like i was there with you bounce

btw, i've never experienced a gig(or even a movie) alone, that must be fuckin awesome.. Bet, let's not stay together next time but have a few dudes among us ,so that we can experience it What a Face
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D   21st November 2010, 8:55 pm

Thank you for both the report and the pictures. They're awesome! Although I'm not an Alice Cooper fan, I love some of the songs and the show, of course!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D   Today at 10:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Uncle Aliiiiiiiiice :D
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: Bar-
Jump to: