Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black   16th August 2010, 7:45 pm

Well, since we had a little Nevermore conversation, I'd like to post this one as this never ever gets old. Into The Mirror Black is considered a cult thrash album that the band Sanctuary released in 1989; shortly after the album's release, the band disbanded and vocalist Warrel Dane, bassist Jim Sheppard, and the band's touring guitarist Jeff Loomis formed Nevermore. I strongly recommend this album to everyone for this IS music. Yes.

(I wanna act like a poser and scream in awe "Duuuudeee, Warrel is an 'opera virtuoso' for fuck's sake!!" hahaha)

Here you have a music video for the album's opening song "Future Tense", and you'll realize how they changed in time, especially Warrel haha

Lyrics for the song goes like;

What do you see on the news when you watch T.V.
War in the name of God, or a playground killing spree
Politicians promise you the world, and a preacher cries
All he ever wanted was your money, and a bitch on the side
What went wrong? Did society twist him?

What do you see in the center of the public eye
Rock stars on smack, and a serial killer fries
Radicals blame suicide and murder on our from of art
Brainwash the youth, you know they claim we all play a part
What a shame that they can't think for themselves

Past tense to future tense let history unfold
So ends a decade now what will the nineties hold
You know we're verging on the edge of an age
Then another century will turn the page

What do you think they will say when they look back on this
Were the eighties just a time of spoiled innocence
We leave our legacy like dust in the sands of time
Let's hope the seeds we plant can carry the weight of our crimes

And when we're old and gray these stories will be told

We sail an ocean, a sea of doubt
Skeptics make no sense, can't work things out
I'll choose optimism, scream its name
Look to the future, a burning flame

So ends a decade now what will the nineties hold
Turn the page.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black   16th August 2010, 8:33 pm

I forgot to add that Sanctuary's first album "Refuge Denied" was produced by Dave Mustaine (yes, our lil Davey ) and he also played the intro of "White Rabbit", a Jefferson Airplane cover that's in the album.

Wanna add somethings more; Refuge Denied is allegedly a 'record holder' album for the high pitched vocals it contains. Even the song above, Future Tense, doesn't contain that high pitched vocals, go figure. To mention Warrel's vocal abilities, here's the song "Brother" off his solo album "Praises to the War Machine" released in 2008 and a Sisters of Mercy cover he did in the same album for that is one specific song for his 'low pitched' vocals:

Yes.

Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black   17th August 2010, 9:05 pm

a classic!

Nevermore has always been one of my favorite bands but i didn't know about Sanctuary for a long time. when i first listened to "Into the Mirror Black" i was more than astonished!
Warrel's vocal abilities are amazing,he never ceases to amaze me. you can't say that it's the same guy with today's WD. if i didn't know anything about the band and just listened it on some radio station,i'd say that it was Rob Halford. you can sense Halford,Dio,Tate,Dickinson and Mustaine sometimes.

when you look at the lyrics,you see it's classic WD style but the riffs are way stronger than Nevermore. actually,i can honestly say that i've never listened to anything(at least nothing that thrashy) like ITMB before!

listen to it,it's a must!

Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black   17th August 2010, 9:42 pm

btw,a new Sanctuary album is on the way and when he was asked about the high pitched vocals, he said he "could" do the higher notes but he ain't sure if he really wants to do it in 2010.

come on Wally,does it really matter?
i think he just wanted to see the reactions.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black   17th August 2010, 9:44 pm

Aaaaw, I know these ones! Great songs, I'm definitely gonna give 'em some more listenings. Warrel has one hell of a voice, and perfectly fits what he does.

By the way... new Sanctuary album on the way? Damn cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black   18th August 2010, 12:28 am

principia wrote:
Nevermore has always been one of my favorite bands but i didn't know about Sanctuary for a long time. when i first listened to "Into the Mirror Black" i was more than astonished!
Warrel's vocal abilities are amazing,he never ceases to amaze me. you can't say that it's the same guy with today's WD. if i didn't know anything about the band and just listened it on some radio station,i'd say that it was Rob Halford. you can sense Halford,Dio,Tate,Dickinson and Mustaine sometimes.

when you look at the lyrics,you see it's classic WD style but the riffs are way stronger than Nevermore. actually,i can honestly say that i've never listened to anything(at least nothing that thrashy) like ITMB before!

listen to it,it's a must!

This!

I first heard of Sanctuary as a 'short lived thrash metal band' which was the best one that ever formed. People were talking about ITMB and.. imagine it, zillions of peeople talking about an album and not one single bad comment, every fucking one was in awe. So I grabbed the album knowing that it won't dissapoint and not knowing it was anything related to Nevermore, or anything else that's in music bussiness today, I thought they have just dissappeared!

Anyways, this one is a classic, the riffs are... hey listen I really don't like categorization but... they are.. oh.. the best ones I've heard in a while (yes I've said that )

And lyrics.. dealing with a lot of spiritual stuff, okay we had an article about WD and I think it's quite impossible to get the lyrics properly without reading it.. It's in this address but you should scroll down the page and find "Electric Religion: The Philosophy of Warrel Dane" link. As I said before, not because we love Warrel, but it really is an interesting article to get many things from.

principia wrote:
btw,a new Sanctuary album is on the way and when he was asked about the high pitched vocals, he said he "could" do the higher notes but he ain't sure if he really wants to do it in 2010.

come on Wally,does it really matter?
i think he just wanted to see the reactions.

Hahaha he also said that he still can hit the high notes but he didn't use that aspect of his voice for so long, so he will take some lessons for it.. Yay that means we'll get this Halfordish sweety in the new album as well!
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black   18th August 2010, 12:53 am

Betelguese wrote:

Hahaha he also said that he still can hit the high notes but he didn't use that aspect of his voice for so long, so he will take some lessons for it.. Yay that means we'll get this Halfordish sweety in the new album as well!

letterh lettere letterl letterl lettery lettere lattera letterh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black   

Back to top Go down

A Ultimate Classic - Into The Mirror Black
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1