The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   10th August 2010, 12:40 am

Got back from Wacken a few hours ago... time for a report! Very Happy

Missed you girls, by the way... :oops:

Soooo... we started the trip on August, 3. Five hours in the train to Milan (we spent the night there) and then seventeen hours in the bus to Wacken the next day I forgot my car sickness pills in the trunk, so I was quite afraid of feeling sick during the travel... luckily, I could survive Laughing
Although very long, the bus travel was quite funny: we were all metal fans heading to Wacken, and some people was quite shocked when seeing us... at once, we approached a bus full of old tourists, who suddenly started looking at us as if we were some sort of aliens
During the trip, I could finally see a bit of Swizterland for the first time in my life, and I gotta say that the landscape and nature there is really beautiful! Here's one of the pics I took:

...By the way, the whole thing reminded soooo much of that old Heidi anime... and I couldn't just stop singing this song all the way through Switzerland Laughing

After the loooooooooooong trip, we finally arrived to Wacken on August 5 at... 6 am
The man who organized the whole bus trip had to go to the Wacken Check In to get his press accreditation, just like me, so I followed him to get some help. There, we met the craziest taxi driver we've ever seen Laughing we told her hundreds of times where to go, and she got lost twice (while following our instruction AND the GPS), then, when we finally arrived to the right place, we told her to wait for something like five minutes, 'till we got the accreditation... well, guess what?
She waited EXACTLY for five minutes and then she left us there... without even taking the money! Laughing
...It would have been quite good for us, if it wasn't for the fact that we had to walk for 5 km to get back to Wacken, after that
And this was just the beginning of our...

First day:
We arrived very late to the concert area, just in time to take a quick look at Udo playing Balls To The Walls together with Skyline. Then, it was time for Metal Hammer Awards: they also took some time for a little tribute to Ronnie James Dio, if I'm not wrong he got a prize as one of the best heavy metal singers and there was a video message from Wendy for us. There were also Blind Guardian, Doro and... Eddie of Iron Maiden coming on stage to get the prizes Laughing

The first full concert we could see was Alice Cooper one: I couldn't wait for that! Very Happy It was my first time seeing him, and it was great, exactly as I expected it to be. The only problem were... German guys
Seriously, they're too fucking tall, I couldn't see a shit when Alice did the decapitation show, I just heard the guillotine noise, but I didn't actually see it... just to say how bad my view of the stage was covered... and I was in the third row I was SO grateful when he came back, for Vengeance Is Mine, on a GIANT altar, so that he was towering over everything and everyone, lol. Anyway, I definitely guess I'm gonna do my best to see him again when he comes to Italy this autumn.

One of the few cool pictures I could take of uncle Alice... on the giant altar, or whatever it is Laughing

Next band was Motley Crue, but I was really fucking destroyed due to the long travel and the Cooper show, so I decided to take a look at the press area... it was quite near to the stage, though, so I could still hear part of the show. Although my friend Joe said they completely sucked, I don't think they were *that* bad, lol. I came back to the concert area just in time to hear the two closing songs, Dr. Feelgood and Girls, Girls, Girls... and in time to blame my bones for hurting so much, lol.

By the way, I mentioned the press area... let's go straight to the point: no, I couldn't get any freaking interview. Neutral
The whole place was more like a sort of bar/restaurant in which you could just hang out with other reporters, charge your cellphone, use the internet connection for free and, if you were very, very, veeeeeeeeery lucky, you could catch some of the least famous musicians. No big names at all and no meeting with Blackie or anyone else, so. Not that I was really expecting that, in effect Laughing To add bonus points, though, I could use the press area to stay alone for a while and, especially, have an excuse to run away from my ex when I couldn't stand him anymore he's not a bad guy, after all, but he's definitely not for me... plus, at Wacken he had this bad habit of trying to flirt with me again, which was something I just didn't want. Neutral

Ok, enough of personal shit, back to the concerts! Laughing
The last concert of the day was Iron Maiden. We gave up on seeing them from the front rows, so we mainly saw them from the giant screens. During the concert, we had the...

-First strange meeting of the festival Laughing
Some random German guys came near to my ex and started talking to him: for some reason, it seemed to me more like they were making fun of him, don't know why... it was kinda like of those scenes in Clockwork Orange, when Alex starts to talk all nice and cool to the victim and then starts to hit My ex was thinking exactly the same, by the way Laughing anyway, the guys didn't seem to have any bad intention, even if they were still quite strange. Neutral For example, I was sitting down on the grass, writing some notes on my notebook to keep in mind Iron Maiden's setlist, and one of them suddenly started taking a lot of pictures at me After a while, I grew tired of the photo game and started doodling a silly face on my notebook, thinking that the next time he would have tried to take a picture of me, I would have covered my face with the drawing (yes, I was almost drunk when I thought of that Laughing ).
Well, I was just about to finish my doodle, when I looked up and saw some other guys looking down at my notebook.
Random guy: You're a great artist, you know?
Me: ...Wha? Well, thanks
Random guy: Are you a painter?
Me: Sort of! (Not a lie, after all I'm in an art school)
Random guy: This thing you did is beautiful Very Happy
Me (still kinda drunk, but perfectly aware that the drawing sucked): ...Man, this sucks, really
Random guy: Absolutely not, I think you're great and I wish you all the best for your future as an artist!
Me: Ya, thanks *still kinda wondering who's the worse drunkard of the two in the whole conversation*

...The masterpiece

Anyway, after the crazy meetings, we could finally manage to find my friend Joe and her two friends. Together with them, we followed the very last part of Maiden's concert from a place that was nearer to the stage. I still wish I could get so see a Maiden concert for real, though... that means, being able to survive near to the stage and finally enjoy the whole visual part in a decent way Neutral

Anyway, end of the first day, time for the...

Second Day:
Again, my bones were hurting really bad, and following the concerts was really difficult. I saw Amorphis first and, although I don't know them really well, they put out a great show. Then, it was time for Orphaned Land. As I did for Motley Crue, I partially followed them from the press area: this time I could find a nice place where I could sit down and hear 'em playing really well, although I couldn't see them. Great band, love 'em. I came back near to the stage for the second part of the show and also took some pictures... not really great, maybe, but still... Very Happy

Missed Ill Nino, they didn't inspire me that much, so I came back to the press area. There, I could experience one of my trademark spectacles
Here's the story: I was charging my cellphone, sitting on one of the press area benches. Those kind of benches have a really bad balance: in short, if you sit on the extreme ends, you have an up and down effect and slide down with your ass on the floor. That's exactly what happened to me: the woman sitting on the other end of the bench got up and I slid down, falling on my ass, in a chorus of "Oooooooh" Laughing Laughing it was so DAMN embarassing Laughing

Later, I got back to my ex and we went to see Lizzy Borden. We missed part of the show 'cos we were supposed to meet up with Joe, too, but we didn't get to see each other. Anyway, wonderful show! Pity I couldn't take any decent picture D: Lizzy reminded me A LOT of Alice Cooper, by the way... same hair colour and hair cut Laughing
In the evening, I could also meet Lizzy Borden's guitarist... it wasn't really planned, actually. The webzine master explicitly asked me to try to take a picture with Arch Enemy, and I was just going to try to see 'em at the meet and greet, when I noticed that there was a LOT of people, so I gave up. Turned my head and... near to me there was a Lizzy Borden meet and greet just about to finish! Very Happy Lizzy was just going away, but I could manage to catch the guitarist... got an autograph from him and asked him to pose for a picture for my webzine. Actually, I had to explain him many times how to pose and where to sign the paper I gave him, 'cos apparently he didn't understand that I was from the press and I needed him to pose with the webzine poster and *not* with his autograph after many tries, I could finally manage to take a picture of him... and guess what? It was FUCKING BLURRY D:

I fail at taking pictures Suspect

I didn't want to bother anymore, though, so I just told him the picture was ok and let him go Sad I felt really bad, though, 'cos the whole situation was quite embarassing :oops:

Other concerts I saw were the Spit Like This showcase in the press area (I like those guys, think I've already heard of their name, but I didn't know their songs, they're good) and BossHoss, some nice country/western metal, really funny to see Very Happy

The last concert of the day was Slayer's one. As I said somewhere else, I'm not really a huge fan of them, but they did a pretty damn good show and helped me to get distracted from the whole pic fail Laughing
After the concert, I was searching for my friends to come back to the tents, but seeing them in the crowd was quite difficult. So, called them to meet 'em at one of the pubs, and so it was time for the...

-Second crazy meeting of the festival
I was waiting for my friends near to the pub, when this random german guy appeared from nowhere. Tall, long blond hair, blue eyes, quite nice looking, maybe not so wonderful teeth, but still a nice smile. He said "hello" (actually "hAllo") and then spread his arms to hug me... nothing strange in that, I already had another drunk guy randomly hugging me during the first day, so I hugged him back. Well, this guy also kissed me Cheeks, forehead... mouth as if he was just a guy flirting with his girlfriend Neutral
Then, he just ran away and disappeared in the crowd didn't see him anymore after that.

By the way, even if I may sound as a terrible slut, I won't deny that I wasn't disappointed at all when he kissed me... after all, I'm single and he was nice Laughing if I didn't want him, I would have just kicked him in the balls in less than two seconds... I'm quite known for hitting guys really bad when they bother me
Anyway, that was probably the craziest thing I've ever lived in my life

After that, I finally found my friends and we got back to the tents, ready for the...

Third Day:

Kinda followed Ektomorf and Caliban from the press area, I wasn't really interested in them. I had the chance to see another band showcase, this time it was Pharao, or something like that. They were really good, but I couldn't see the whole concert, 'cos I had to run away to see Overkill and try to get good places for W.A.S.P..

Sooo... I could see Overkill from the second row: I knew the guys rocked, but the show was absolutely great! Loved 'em, I'm definitely gonna buy some of their albums! Very Happy I couldn't enjoy much the last moments of the show 'cos I was really thirsty, but then I could manage to drink something and continue in peace :P
When Overkill finished playing, I could go to the front row to see W.A.S.P.! Yay, I didn't really think I would have been able to do that! I was in a very good place, between Blackie and Doug Blair. Well, the stage was very far from the crowd, though.
The show was good, maybe not the best W.A.S.P. show you could ever dream of (Doug got kinda lost in the beginning of Hellion, he still didn't have his guitar on when the song started and let Blackie do everything, they weren't moving really much and so on), but still a nice one. Loved when Blackie divided the crowd in two parts for the chorus of I Wanna Be Somebody... I was on the winning side Very Happy
There were only a couple of bad moments...
a. random guy landing on my hand while crowdsurfing. My fingers still hurt Sad
b. me looking at Blackie with adoring eyes, Blackie kinda looking at me (difficult to tell, he was wearing sunglasses, but it seemed so)... other random crowdsurfing guy ruining the romantic moment hitting me on the head with his ass a very similar thing happened in Bologna. Seems it's my destiny

I took a helluva lot of W.A.S.P. pictures, showing just some here and posting the others later:

Druuuuums! ...And no Mike, unfortunately, I took this before the beginning of the concert

Once again, cool pose, cool lightning... blurry picture when taking a better look D: it always happens to Doug's pics

Oh, by the way, there were cameras during W.A.S.P. concert... might this mean that we're going to see a W.A.S.P. appearance in Wacken 2010 DVD? Very Happy

Anyway, after W.A.S.P., I left my ex somewhere in the crowd to let him see Cannibal Corpse, Fear Factory and so so, while I met up with Joe and her friends to go around in the metal market... we kinda heard random parts of songs by Cannibal Corpse, Immortal, Stratovarius and Edguy. Then, we came back to see Candlemass' show in full. I love those guys, seemed to me that the singer got even better since the last time I saw him. That was the last show of the festival, for me, as both me and my ex had to come back to the tent to prepare our stuff for the bus travel... the trip was going to begin at 3 am, and we had very few time to make everything.

My only regret from the whole festival was not being able to see in full many of the bands... as I said, the travel totally wasted me, so that following everything was really, really difficult. I'd like to have the chance to see some of the bands in a better occasion, next time... apart from that, the festival was absolutely great, and I loved it Very Happy

...Just... no-more-fucking-bus

Last edited by Doctor Ruin on 10th August 2010, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Sun
Customer

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   10th August 2010, 4:28 am

Welcome back! Very Happy Too bad you didn't get to meet Blackie, but it seems you had a great time anyway. And it seems to have been a lot of other crazy guys there instead...?!
Anyway, thanks for the report - and your photos are great!!
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   10th August 2010, 3:19 pm

Thanks, dear! Yep, I definitely had a great time... unfortunately, I kinda knew that I wasn't gonna meet Blackie at all, I contacted W.A.S.P. press office to get an interview reservation with him and never got an answer, so my only chance would have been casually meeting him, Doug or the two Mikes ( Laughing ) in the press area... and it didn't happen :oops: anyway, it was still great, and yep, there were hundreds of crazy guys! Laughing

Not to mention the variety of crazy outfits I could see there... guys dressed up as teddy bears, chickens, vikings, nurses, men in pink bikinis and so on pure madness Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   10th August 2010, 7:42 pm

Just posted the other pics on my Facebook page, by the way!
Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075042&id=1309242781&saved

...In case it doesn't work, just tell me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   10th August 2010, 10:46 pm

Oh, it didn't happen after all! Shit! But, you're still young, you'll meet Him one day definitely ... The most important thing is that you had a great time.

By the way, your report is really great. It's interesting to read something different, which is to say, an authentic testimony of a unique experience. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   11th August 2010, 1:04 pm

Haha, thank you, dear, and thanks for taking the time to read the whole thing Very Happy (btw, sorry if I didn't answer to your pm before, I noticed it only after you had already written your post on this topic Laughing )

Anyway, yep, there'll be other occasions. After all, I still have some presents for the guys I didn't have the chance to give yet... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   13th August 2010, 12:48 am

Heyyy Doc's back!! cheers
And we're back too king
Welcome home, dear! I love you

Quote :
Soooo... we started the trip on August, 3. Five hours in the train to Milan (we spent the night there) and then seventeen hours in the bus to Wacken the next day I forgot my car sickness pills in the trunk, so I was quite afraid of feeling sick during the travel... luckily, I could survive Laughing

Lord, seventeen hours?! Non-stop?
Seems like the sickness goes away when you learn to act like a real adult and don't ever try to read, watch tv, use laptop, etc. when you're on the road, this is what I've learnt recently

Quote :
Although very long, the bus travel was quite funny: we were all metal
fans heading to Wacken, and some people was quite shocked when seeing
us... at once, we approached a bus full of old tourists, who suddenly
started looking at us as if we were some sort of aliens

Hahahaha same with almost all Japanese tourists over here! No matter what you do, they look at you like you are kinda freaks if you're a metalhead

Quote :
...By the way, the whole thing reminded soooo much of that old Heidi anime... and I couldn't just stop singing this song all the way through Switzerland Laughing

Shit, now I'll be singing it in my head till the morning Switzerland is just plain awesome for a blind nature lover like me, by the way *shut up Heidi*

Quote :
She waited EXACTLY for five minutes and then she left us there...

Oh!

Quote :
We arrived very late to the concert area, just in time to take a quick
look at Udo playing Balls To The Walls together with Skyline.
Please don't make me drool

Quote :
There were also Blind Guardian, Doro and... Eddie of Iron Maiden coming on stage to get the prizes Laughing

The new eddie?

Quote :
The first full concert we could see was Alice Cooper one: I couldn't wait for that! Very Happy It was my first time seeing him, and it was great, exactly as I expected it to be. The only problem were... German guys Seriously, they're too fucking tall, I couldn't see a shit

Oh Alice.. You should do your best to get into the backstage next time, okay?
Darn it hahaha all the reviews about Wacken or Sweden Rock Fest over here in Turkey include those reproachs about how tall they are believe me

Quote :
Next band was Motley Crue, but I was really fucking destroyed due to the
long travel and the Cooper show, so I decided to take a look at the
press area... it was quite near to the stage, though, so I could still
hear part of the show. Although my friend Joe said they completely
sucked, I don't think they were *that* bad, lol. I came back to the concert area just in time to hear the two closing
songs, Dr. Feelgood and Girls, Girls, Girls... and in time to blame my
bones for hurting so much, lol.

Mr. Neil makes everything *that* bad live I can tell ya that
*liiveeee wireeeee*
Hell, Dr. Feelgood, no matter how squeaky Vince might have been, Mick feels good each time

Quote :
By the way, I mentioned the press area... let's go straight to the point: no, I couldn't get any freaking interview. Neutral
The
whole place was more like a sort of bar/restaurant in which you could
just hang out with other reporters, charge your cellphone, use the
internet connection for free and, if you were very, very, veeeeeeeeery
lucky, you could catch some of the least famous musicians. No big names
at all and no meeting with Blackie or anyone else, so. Not that I was
really expecting that, in effect Laughing
To add bonus points, though, I could use the press area to stay alone
for a while and, especially, have an excuse to run away from my ex when I
couldn't stand him anymore
he's not a bad guy, after all, but he's definitely not for me... plus,
at Wacken he had this bad habit of trying to flirt with me again, which
was something I just didn't want. Neutral

Ah.. That's what happens in big festivals I suppose.. But watch out the shows in Italy, preferably single shows rather that festivals, I'm sure you'll make it the next time, at least you had your very first experience
And that ex.. I feel for you Doc, sometimes it gets disssssgusting

Quote :
First strange meeting of the festival

Smileys speak for themselves!

Oh.. I don't think he said those to ya cos he was drunk but to get your attention apparently

Quote :
I still wish I could get so see a Maiden concert for real, though...
Yeah, Maiden, before something unpleasant happens Though probably something unpleasant would happen to us if the concert happens but..

Quote :
I saw Amorphis first and, although I don't know them really well, they put out a great show.

Ugggghh their new vocalist! Darn

Quote :
Then, it was time for Orphaned Land. As I did for Motley Crue, I
partially followed them from the press area: this time I could find a
nice place where I could sit down and hear 'em playing really well,
although I couldn't see them. Great band, love 'em. I came back near to
the stage for the second part of the show and also took some pictures...
not really great, maybe, but still... Very Happy

Doc Doc Doc I love you!! Ahh pics I hope we could get to see them soon..

Quote :
Here's the story: I was charging my cellphone, sitting on one of the
press area benches. Those kind of benches have a really bad balance: in
short, if you sit on the extreme ends, you have an up and down effect
and slide down with your ass on the floor. That's exactly what happened
to me: the woman sitting on the other end of the bench got up and I slid
down, falling on my ass, in a chorus of "Oooooooh" Laughing Laughing it was so DAMN embarassing Laughing

AAARRRGGHH!! *shit.* Hehey, that would have been the absolute end for if it was me, I would never show up in the press area again Highly improbable, no.

Quote :
Later, I got back to my ex and we went to see Lizzy Borden.

Lizzyyyy!! Ah I cant stop my smiling when I ever hear of him Such a geek..
Ahahahaha your photo Well, I have mixed feelings, it's quite nice of him to show such patience yet quite dumbass for not getting what you were saying properly Well well, it's really good for the first meeting of the event

Quote :
Other concerts I saw were the Spit Like This showcase in the press area
(I like those guys, think I've already heard of their name, but I didn't
know their songs, they're good) and BossHoss, some nice country/western
metal, really funny to see Very Happy

Same did, Volbeat for us We call it "Elvis rock"

Quote :
Second crazy meeting of the festival

Hahaha cwazy cwazy festival ambience But you shouldn't have let him go Doc, you shouldn't

Quote :
When Overkill finished playing, I could go to the front row to see W.A.S.P.!

YAAAAAYYYYYYY!

Quote :
There were only a couple of bad moments...
a. random guy landing on my hand while crowdsurfing. My fingers still hurt Sad
b.
me looking at Blackie with adoring eyes, Blackie kinda looking at me
(difficult to tell, he was wearing sunglasses, but it seemed so)...
other random crowdsurfing guy ruining the romantic moment hitting me on
the head with his ass a very similar thing happened in Bologna. Seems it's my destiny

Ouch.. I remember two drunk sweaty guys kinda stepped on me to get over the fence in the last W.A.S.P. concert while Mike was making faces to us (us, don't believe anyone if they tell ya he was making it for someone else ), one of 'em had a huge newly refreshed beer cup in his hand and you guessed it right; he spilled it all over me from my shoulders to my feet Seems its not only your destiny but chicks who dare to go to a W.A.S.P. performance

Quote :
Doug got kinda lost in the beginning of Hellion, he still didn't have
his guitar on when the song started and let Blackie do everything, they
weren't moving really much and so on

Hahaha I bet Blackie is not really used to those kinds of things, playing guitar on stage!

Quote :
I took a helluva lot of W.A.S.P. pictures, showing just some here and posting the others later

Who is this fat, married, probably newly bred guy? Ladies, do you know him?
Blackieeeeee..

Quote :
Oh, by the way, there were cameras during W.A.S.P. concert... might this
mean that we're going to see a W.A.S.P. appearance in Wacken 2010 DVD? Very Happy

Let's see what happens!

Quote :
Anyway, after W.A.S.P., I left my ex somewhere in the crowd to let him
see Cannibal Corpse, Fear Factory and so so, while I met up with Joe and
her friends to go around in the metal market... we kinda heard random
parts of songs by Cannibal Corpse, Immortal, Stratovarius and Edguy.
Then, we came back to see Candlemass' show in full. I love those guys,
seemed to me that the singer got even better since the last time I saw
him. That was the last show of the festival, for me, as both me and my
ex had to come back to the tent to prepare our stuff for the bus
travel... the trip was going to begin at 3 am, and we had very few time
to make everything.

My only regret from the whole festival was
not being able to see in full many of the bands... as I said, the travel
totally wasted me, so that following everything was really, really
difficult. I'd like to have the chance to see some of the bands in a
better occasion, next time... apart from that, the festival was
absolutely great, and I loved it Very Happy

Stratovarius would be really interesting, they seem so fucking surreal to me. Ahh Jan..
Not really into Cannibal Corpse as Eddie Trunk said "Alright, you have a Cannibal Corpse shirt so I'm off with you" But it too would be interesting because of Pat O'Brien was the first "second guitarist" for Nevermore

It would have been great if you could arrive a bit earlier, the schedule wasn't loose enough it seems.. But after all, YAY YOU'VE MADE IT!!

Dear I sooo enjoyed your review, looking forward!
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   13th August 2010, 1:52 am

Betelguese wrote:
Heyyy Doc's back!! cheers
And we're back too king
Welcome home, dear! I love you

Aaaw, great to see you back, I was just wondering where did you disappear big grin I love you

Quote :
Lord, seventeen hours?! Non-stop?
Seems like the sickness goes away when you learn to act like a real adult and don't ever try to read, watch tv, use laptop, etc. when you're on the road, this is what I've learnt recently

Hahah, well, we did a pause once every three hours or so Very Happy
...Still terribly boring D: especially 'cos I was damn sure that we would have had only 10 hours of travel, when I was told that there were 7 more hours I was almost in Berserk mode true, anyway, acting like... an adult helps a lot, lol.
...Even though I still risked my life to read a little bit, I was just getting too damn bored Laughing luckily, I survived! Very Happy

Quote :
Hahahaha same with almost all Japanese tourists over here! No matter what you do, they look at you like you are kinda freaks if you're a metalhead

Quote :
Shit, now I'll be singing it in my head till the morning Switzerland is just plain awesome for a blind nature lover like me, by the way *shut up Heidi*

Hahahah, oh my, that song definitely has the evil power of getting stuck in your head for hours, so Laughing Laughing true, anyway, that place is beautiful Very Happy

Quote :
The new eddie?

Yep, he kinda looked like the new Eddie, lol.

Quote :
Oh Alice.. You should do your best to get into the backstage next time, okay?
Darn it hahaha all the reviews about Wacken or Sweden Rock Fest over here in Turkey include those reproachs about how tall they are believe me

Aaaw, I would have SO loved to go to the backstage! For a moment, I was fooled thinking that I was supposed to get my press bracelet in the same area where artists got their passes... the address I was given for my accreditation was the same they had for backstage passes seems they moved the place later, though D:
Hahahah, glad to know I'm not the only one with the 'too fucking tall guys' problem Laughing Laughing

Quote :
Mr. Neil makes everything *that* bad live I can tell ya that
*liiveeee wireeeee*
Hell, Dr. Feelgood, no matter how squeaky Vince might have been, Mick feels good each time

Hahahah, would you believe that, ever since I noticed that Motley Crue were on stage, I was like "now, I want Vince to sing 'liiiiiiiiiive wireeeeeeee'"? Laughing
Seems it didn't happen, though or, if they did it, I just missed it Laughing but yep, Dr. Mick Feelgood sounded definitely good!

Quote :
Ah.. That's what happens in big festivals I suppose.. But watch out the shows in Italy, preferably single shows rather that festivals, I'm sure you'll make it the next time, at least you had your very first experience
And that ex.. I feel for you Doc, sometimes it gets disssssgusting

Yep, I think that's what I'm going to do, watch for smaller shows, so that, at least, I'm already prepared and know who am I going to meet and IF I'm going to meet anyone, lol Very Happy but yep, that was a first experience!

And yep, disssssgusting is the perfect term for that

Quote :
Smileys speak for themselves!

Oh.. I don't think he said those to ya cos he was drunk but to get your attention apparently

Probably yes, hahah Laughing

Quote :
Yeah, Maiden, before something unpleasant happens Though probably something unpleasant would happen to us if the concert happens but..
Aaaw, c'mon, you're gonna see em one day =)

Quote :
Doc Doc Doc I love you!! Ahh pics I hope we could get to see them soon..

Hahah, thanks! Very Happy Yep, I wish you girls will be able to see 'em soon live, too! I love you

Quote :
AAARRRGGHH!! *shit.* Hehey, that would have been the absolute end for if it was me, I would never show up in the press area again Highly improbable, no.

Hahahaha, I had that kind of feeling at first, too Laughing

Quote :
Lizzyyyy!! Ah I cant stop my smiling when I ever hear of him Such a geek..
Ahahahaha your photo Well, I have mixed feelings, it's quite nice of him to show such patience yet quite dumbass for not getting what you were saying properly Well well, it's really good for the first meeting of the event

Hahahah, yep, that whole situation was completely crazy, lol... but maybe he got embarassed too, after that Laughing Laughing

Quote :
Same did, Volbeat for us We call it "Elvis rock"

Cool name, hahah Very Happy

Quote :
[b]Hahaha cwazy cwazy festival ambience But you shouldn't have let him go Doc, you shouldn't

Definitely I shouldn't have done it Laughing

Quote :
Ouch.. I remember two drunk sweaty guys kinda stepped on me to get over the fence in the last W.A.S.P. concert while Mike was making faces to us (us, don't believe anyone if they tell ya he was making it for someone else ), one of 'em had a huge newly refreshed beer cup in his hand and you guessed it right; he spilled it all over me from my shoulders to my feet Seems its not only your destiny but chicks who dare to go to a W.A.S.P. performance

Argh! So, that's a real tradition D: too bad, these drunk guys deserve a lesson. Maybe next time we should be the ones crowdsurfing and making beer showers, for example. Just as a little revenge Laughing

Quote :
Hahaha I bet Blackie is not really used to those kinds of things, playing guitar on stage!

Quote :
Who is this fat, married, probably newly bred guy? Ladies, do you know him?
Blackieeeeee..

Hell yes, he got fatter again
I just took a look at the November pics I took, and he had lost a lot of weight... now Roundie Lawless is back again

...But we still love him, right? Laughing

Quote :
Stratovarius would be really interesting, they seem so fucking surreal to me. Ahh Jan..
Not really into Cannibal Corpse as Eddie Trunk said "Alright, you have a Cannibal Corpse shirt so I'm off with you" But it too would be interesting because of Pat O'Brien was the first "second guitarist" for Nevermore

It would have been great if you could arrive a bit earlier, the schedule wasn't loose enough it seems.. But after all, YAY YOU'VE MADE IT!!

Dear I sooo enjoyed your review, looking forward!

Yep, from the few things I could hear, Stratovarius were in a great shape, by the way! I'm not into Cannibal Corpse either... just to make an example, before the trip, my ex showed me the band schedule. We were supposed to put an X near to the bands we wanted to see at Wacken. Well, I just took my pen and happily drew hundreds of black lines on Cannibal Corpse's name Laughing Laughing Laughing (and then casually drew a hundred of "X" near to W.A.S.P. big grin )

I would have loved to arrive earlier, too D: but... yep, I still survived! Laughing

And I'm more than glad that you liked the review, by the way!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   14th August 2010, 10:33 pm

welcome back Serena,missed you dear I love you
i'm gonna read your post as soon as i fix my shitty connection Bet told me a little bit about your post while i was away but i wanna read it with full concentration(i need some sleeeeep Suspect ) so i'm not gonna read it now,but the pics are awesome..thanks for sharing dear
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   15th August 2010, 10:01 pm

read it,it's a great one Serena!
where to start,where to start?

ok,here i go!

Doctor Ruin wrote:
... and then seventeen hours in the bus to Wacken the next day I forgot my car sickness pills in the trunk, so I was quite afraid of feeling sick during the travel... luckily, I could survive Laughing
i travel for seventeen hours everytime i choose to travel(because of my plane fright ) from Istanbul to Trabzon,my hometown it really sucks!

Doctor Ruin wrote:

Heiiiidiiiii Heiiiidiiiii.......
goddammit i used to watch that one like a freak when i was a kid(and a couple of years ago,when they broadcasted it again)..
Heidi

Doctor Ruin wrote:
After the loooooooooooong trip, we finally arrived to Wacken on August 5 at... 6 am
The man who organized the whole bus trip had to go to the Wacken Check In to get his press accreditation, just like me, so I followed him to get some help. There, we met the craziest taxi driver we've ever seen Laughing we told her hundreds of times where to go, and she got lost twice (while following our instruction AND the GPS), then, when we finally arrived to the right place, we told her to wait for something like five minutes, 'till we got the accreditation... well, guess what?
She waited EXACTLY for five minutes and then she left us there... without even taking the money! Laughing
...It would have been quite good for us, if it wasn't for the fact that we had to walk for 5 km to get back to Wacken, after that

haha zee crazy Germans

Doctor Ruin wrote:
There were also Blind Guardian, Doro and... Eddie of Iron Maiden coming on stage to get the prizes Laughing

haha Eddie :randomeddiesmilie: (we need an Eddie smilie here)

Doctor Ruin wrote:
One of the few cool pictures I could take of uncle Alice... on the giant altar, or whatever it is Laughing

awesome one
really,really hope to see him live one day

Doctor Ruin wrote:
Although my friend Joe said they completely sucked, I don't think they were *that* bad, lol. I came back to the concert area just in time to hear the two closing songs, Dr. Feelgood and Girls, Girls, Girls... and in time to blame my bones for hurting so much, lol.

the only thing i still admire in that band is Mick Mars..
but still,they rock and i don't think they'd suck that bad either..

Doctor Ruin wrote:
The whole place was more like a sort of bar/restaurant in which you could just hang out with other reporters, charge your cellphone, use the internet connection for free and, if you were very, very, veeeeeeeeery lucky, you could catch some of the least famous musicians. No big names at all and no meeting with Blackie or anyone else, so. Not that I was really expecting that, in effect Laughing To add bonus points, though, I could use the press area to stay alone for a while and, especially, have an excuse to run away from my ex when I couldn't stand him anymore he's not a bad guy, after all, but he's definitely not for me... plus, at Wacken he had this bad habit of trying to flirt with me again, which was something I just didn't want. Neutral

ah Serena,too bad to hear that..but to be honest,i didn't think you'd even get the chance to see Blackie,let alone interview him these kind of festivals are giant ones,you get to see awesome stage shows and performances but i still prefer smaller gigs..

Doctor Ruin wrote:
-First strange meeting of the festival Laughing

...The masterpiece

so you met some droogies,nothing bad about it
and the drawing..it really is a masterpiece

hope you'll see a proper Maiden gig soon..
and hope the same for us too

Doctor Ruin wrote:
...Here's the story: I was charging my cellphone, sitting on one of the press area benches. Those kind of benches have a really bad balance: in short, if you sit on the extreme ends, you have an up and down effect and slide down with your ass on the floor. That's exactly what happened to me: the woman sitting on the other end of the bench got up and I slid down, falling on my ass, in a chorus of "Oooooooh" Laughing Laughing it was so DAMN embarassing Laughing

yeah,a real embarassing moment it seems but ya know what? nothing's embarassing when you're in such a great atmosphere..you risk everything,even your life to get there,so just let it be! haha i don't think i'd care if people would laugh their asses off, i'd laugh my ass off cause i can't help but laugh like a freak when somebody falls(including myself)

Doctor Ruin wrote:
I fail at taking pictures Suspect

haha,great that you have the chance to see one of the 80's trademark bands of the glam scene
but too bad about the "communication breakdown" moments and the blurry pic

Doctor Ruin wrote:
...The last concert of the day was Slayer's one. As I said somewhere else, I'm not really a huge fan of them, but they did a pretty damn good show and helped me to get distracted from the whole pic fail Laughing
i told that many times before(many of the many times i told to Bet of course,cause she's not the "greatest" Slayer fan big grin ) but no matter what you think about them,there's a plain fact: Slayer destroysssss! bear bang

Doctor Ruin wrote:
...-Second crazy meeting of the festival
I was waiting for my friends near to the pub, when this random german guy appeared from nowhere. Tall, long blond hair, blue eyes, quite nice looking, maybe not so wonderful teeth, but still a nice smile. He said "hello" (actually "hAllo") and then spread his arms to hug me... nothing strange in that, I already had another drunk guy randomly hugging me during the first day, so I hugged him back. Well, this guy also kissed me Cheeks, forehead... mouth as if he was just a guy flirting with his girlfriend Neutral
Then, he just ran away and disappeared in the crowd didn't see him anymore after that.

Serenaaaaaa! what have you done,girl
why the hell did you let him go

Doctor Ruin wrote:
By the way, even if I may sound as a terrible slut, I won't deny that I wasn't disappointed at all when he kissed me... after all, I'm single and he was nice Laughing if I didn't want him, I would have just kicked him in the balls in less than two seconds... I'm quite known for hitting guys really bad when they bother me

are you nuts? of course you loved it to death,you won't deny it bad smile
lucky,lucky girl and crazy german guys

Doctor Ruin wrote:
Sooo... I could see Overkill from the second row: I knew the guys rocked, but the show was absolutely great! Loved 'em, I'm definitely gonna buy some of their albums! Very Happy

i fuckin love Overkill!
too bad we couldn't see them this summer-and we had free tickets-(anyways i don't want to remember that night ) but i'm sure Bobby destroyed the place,as usual!
you should definitely check out all the albums,and the last one simply rocks!

and about the WASP show..
we should all accept that,WASP does nothing special or unique anymore to entertain their audience..they're just one of the bands that have their kick ass audience no matter what they do and perform very well live-that's one of the most important things that most bands can't do-
we shouldn't expect something different from Blackie and the guys anymore,we don't need that! we just need some kick ass classics and the redman

Doctor Ruin wrote:
...My only regret from the whole festival was not being able to see in full many of the bands... as I said, the travel totally wasted me, so that following everything was really, really difficult. I'd like to have the chance to see some of the bands in a better occasion, next time... apart from that, the festival was absolutely great, and I loved it Very Happy

agree on the last sentence

that was a great read dear,thanks for that
hope to bang our fuckin heads together next time
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   16th August 2010, 2:03 am

principia wrote:
i travel for seventeen hours everytime i choose to travel(because of my plane fright ) from Istanbul to Trabzon,my hometown it really sucks!

Hell yeah, I totally get the feeling, now that's absolutely horrible D:

principia wrote:
Heiiiidiiiii Heiiiidiiiii.......
goddammit i used to watch that one like a freak when i was a kid(and a couple of years ago,when they broadcasted it again)..
Heidi

Hahah, yep, same here!!! Very Happy
I'll admit that I was a complete' TV/anime addict, as a child

principia wrote:
haha Eddie :randomeddiesmilie: (we need an Eddie smilie here)

An Eddie smilie? That's a nice idea lol!

principia wrote:
awesome one
really,really hope to see him live one day

He's absolutely great, best wishes for you to get to see him!

Doctor Ruin wrote:
the only thing i still admire in that band is Mick Mars..
but still,they rock and i don't think they'd suck that bad either..

Hahah, yep, the others are kind of a wreck, now, still love 'em, though Laughing Laughing

principia wrote:
ah Serena,too bad to hear that..but to be honest,i didn't think you'd even get the chance to see Blackie,let alone interview him these kind of festivals are giant ones,you get to see awesome stage shows and performances but i still prefer smaller gigs..

I'll admit that: I wasn't really expecting to see him, either Laughing I wasn't able to get the interview reservation, so no appointment with Blackie. He wasn't even supposed to have a press conference at Wacken, so seeing him randomly hanging around in the press area, a very crowded place full of journalists ready to jump on you, was very unlikely. I was kinda hoping for Doug, Mike Duda or Mike Dupke to show up, though... at least to give my Blackie portrait with silly fangirlish thanks on the back (yes, I did it, at last Laughing ). But no chance to see them, either

True, anyway, smaller gigs are better... especially for this kind of things :P

Doctor Ruin wrote:
so you met some droogies,nothing bad about it
and the drawing..it really is a masterpiece

Yay for the droogies!

And... yep, a masterpiece of madness!

[Blackie's voice]"This isn't the stuff we normally do for you guys... this is what happens when you consume a massive amounts of drugs and alcohol" [/Blackie's voice]

(ok, if we take off the "drugs" part, it perfectly fits as a description of the artwork Laughing )

principia wrote:
hope you'll see a proper Maiden gig soon..
and hope the same for us too

Aaaaw, yep

Doctor Ruin wrote:
yeah,a real embarassing moment it seems but ya know what? nothing's embarassing when you're in such a great atmosphere..you risk everything,even your life to get there,so just let it be! haha i don't think i'd care if people would laugh their asses off, i'd laugh my ass off cause i can't help but laugh like a freak when somebody falls(including myself)

So true, hahahah!!!
...By the way, I laugh too, when something like that happens Laughing and yep, even when it's myself which is something that happens quite often, and always in spectacular ways

principia wrote:
haha,great that you have the chance to see one of the 80's trademark bands of the glam scene
but too bad about the "communication breakdown" moments and the blurry pic

Hell yeah D: lol, communication breakdown, perfect description Laughing

principia wrote:
i told that many times before(many of the many times i told to Bet of course,cause she's not the "greatest" Slayer fan big grin ) but no matter what you think about them,there's a plain fact: Slayer destroysssss! bear bang

Fucking true, I have to admit that Laughing

Doctor Ruin wrote:
Serenaaaaaa! what have you done,girl
why the hell did you let him go

I don't know!!! D:

*Silly, silly doc*

principia wrote:
are you nuts? of course you loved it to death,you won't deny it bad smile
lucky,lucky girl and crazy german guys

Crazy German guyyyyyyyyyys...

Ehr...

Ok, girls, no worries, I'm absolutely ok. Really.

principia wrote:
i fuckin love Overkill!
too bad we couldn't see them this summer-and we had free tickets-(anyways i don't want to remember that night ) but i'm sure Bobby destroyed the place,as usual!
you should definitely check out all the albums,and the last one simply rocks!

What's the name of the last album? Very Happy
'Cos I think it was the one I was supposed to make a review of, for the webzine... then lack of time, school and the fact that I really wasn't a thrash metal expert fucked everything up, so that I never listened to it

Anyway yes, they totally destroyed the place!

Quote :
and about the WASP show..
we should all accept that,WASP does nothing special or unique anymore to entertain their audience..they're just one of the bands that have their kick ass audience no matter what they do and perform very well live-that's one of the most important things that most bands can't do-
we shouldn't expect something different from Blackie and the guys anymore,we don't need that! we just need some kick ass classics and the redman

So true... as much as I love them, the fact that W.A.S.P. aren't doing any particularly special show is VERY noticeable during festivals. I mean, there's the 'splitting the crowd in two to let people sing' part during I Wanna Be Somebody, but that's all. Obviously, the great playing still makes the show a great one... but I'm going to admit that seeing W.A.S.P. after Overkill, who were VERY entertaining -without any kind of highly visual show, I mean- AND had a great playing, made the whole thing a bit disappointing.
Don't get me wrong, though: the sole idea of seeing a W.A.S.P. concert always puts an idiot smile on my face, so, even if I'm making this little criticism, there's just no other way round: I fucking love them, and I loved the Wacken show to pieces, as well. Laughing

principia wrote:
agree on the last sentence

that was a great read dear,thanks for that
hope to bang our fuckin heads together next time

That would absolutely rock!

Glad you enjoied the read, by the way!

Aaaaand... screw fucking buses Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)   Today at 10:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Wackeeeeeeeeen! (Warning: Very Long Read)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1