Share | 

I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   12th July 2010, 3:47 am

...But I gotta talk about it. Shocked

As you already know, this summer I'm going to Wacken Open Air. I also write for a webzine, and promised to the "main man" I would have been writing a report of the festival for him, taking pictures and so on. Now, the webzine also manages to give press passes to members that are gonna attend the festival.

I already received an opportunity of getting a press pass to Wacken, two years ago, but, when I got the confirmation for it, it was already too late, tickets were sold out and I had no money for the flight Laughing this year, when telling the guy that I was going to Wacken for sure, I asked for a press pass, but I wasn't really hoping to get one for real.

Well... it happened. Shocked

I have a press pass to Wacken. That means that I can go under the stage and take pictures of the bands, and get INTERVIEWS with them. Shocked
The "master" explicitly asked me to possibly look for the "bigger bands" of the festival. That means... Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue... W.A.S.P. and so on.

Describing my feelings at the moment is quite difficult.
From a side, I'm fucking happy, 'cos it's like a dream coming true. From the other side, I still can't believe it... just seems too great to be true. Last thing, I'm freaking scared of messing everything up, doing shitty interviews, looking like a perfect idiot 'cos I actually don't know a shit about "being a journalist for real" and so on.

But I absolutely had to share, before I'm gonna fully realize the whole thing and faint in front of the monitor Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   12th July 2010, 9:49 am

AAArrrggghhhöaüsiuelsülığsa wait wait wait I'll reply to this later!?!€»«{[ø¬¹²

WHAaaa,ckllqaAa?!!

Serena, dear that's unbelievable!

ugh

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   12th July 2010, 11:20 am

Hell yeah, I think that this little guy over here---> says it all.

*Faints*

Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   12th July 2010, 1:27 pm

what ?

oh well
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   12th July 2010, 9:23 pm

Okay okay okay, let's calm down a lil bit ladies

Just before the Sonisphere, we were talking about the ways to get a press pass now look what's happening?!!

Doc.. Are you ready? I mean Maiden, Coop, Mötley, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp FTW!²€×ø´½¼¹² You should prepare yourself and some unique questions to serve an unforgettable performance before you go, we can help ya if you want. Then you should make some vitamin reinforcement for you will drool all day -and who knows what else - make sure you're well cared (lord what am i sayin ) argh ya know ugh that much excitement can be harmful someti... :passes out:
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   12th July 2010, 11:12 pm

Betelguese wrote:
make sure you're well cared (lord what am i sayin )

what the fuck does that mean Bet

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   13th July 2010, 8:47 am

Betelguese wrote:
Okay okay okay, let's calm down a lil bit ladies

Just before the Sonisphere, we were talking about the ways to get a press pass now look what's happening?!!

Hahah, I've been wondering about that too a lot, before kinda discovering how it works usually, on the festival website, you can find a link to the "press" section... there, you can find an e-mail address you can use to ask any question. Very Happy
I think that you need to be a writer for a metal magazine/webzine or even a simple music blog to get a pass, though... no need for it to be an "important one" (the webzine I write for is pretty much unknown Laughing ), but it helps you to tell that there's actually a real 'organization' behind you that needs someone to make a review of the festival. There are quite a few webzines around in constant research of new reviewers... they don't pay a shit for your work (mine doesn't do that either Laughing ), but give you lots of interesting opportunities.
Actually, now that I think about it, my webzine was just searching for new writers a few months ago, if you're interested I can ask if those places are still available... so, you would have the webzine name to support you in case you need a pass for some festival. Very Happy

Quote :
Doc.. Are you ready? I mean Maiden, Coop, Mötley, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp FTW!²€×ø´½¼¹² You should prepare yourself and some unique questions to serve an unforgettable performance before you go, we can help ya if you want.

Any help will be welcome! I was just thinking about opening a topic to request your help... especially with questions! Very Happy

And... no, I'm not ready at all D:
Not to mention that I'll be completely ALONE in that fucking press area we had only few passes and the idea that you may have wanted a friend with you for help and support was NOT included D:

Quote :
Then you should make some vitamin reinforcement for you will drool all day -and who knows what else - make sure you're well cared (lord what am i sayin ) argh ya know ugh that much excitement can be harmful someti... :passes out:

Hell yeah! D: Most than all, I'm afraid of my comprehension of spoken English, 'cos it ALWAYS gets fucked up when I'm excited D:
*Remembers her meeting with Candlemass members, in Spain*

Singer: It's hot today!
Doc: What?
Singer: It's hot today Very Happy
Doc: Huh... WHA?
Singer (losing any hope): MUY CALIDO!
Doc (thinking): "Now, what if I tell him that I'm not Spanish?"
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   13th July 2010, 1:50 pm

Doctor Ruin wrote:

Actually, now that I think about it, my webzine was just searching for new writers a few months ago, if you're interested I can ask if those places are still available... so, you would have the webzine name to support you in case you need a pass for some festival. Very Happy

amazing! it'd be amazing bounce

actually,we thought about being a music writer a lot but never looked for any opportunities bom we're so fuckin lazy when it comes to these kinda things Sleep
alien

Doctor Ruin wrote:
*Remembers her meeting with Candlemass members, in Spain*

Singer: It's hot today!
Doc: What?
Singer: It's hot today Very Happy
Doc: Huh... WHA?
Singer (losing any hope): MUY CALIDO!
Doc (thinking): "Now, what if I tell him that I'm not Spanish?"

don't worry about it. prepare some good questions,do a detailed search about the bands,be sure of yourself,try to look cool and that's all. just think about all those jerks interviewing lots of kick ass musicians,don't worry they've seen worse people than you What a Face

*lucky that you're not gonna have to deal with a guy like Mustaine*

btw,really,we can help you about it.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   13th July 2010, 7:18 pm

principia wrote:
Doctor Ruin wrote:

amazing! it'd be amazing bounce

actually,we thought about being a music writer a lot but never looked for any opportunities bom we're so fuckin lazy when it comes to these kinda things Sleep
alien

Aaaw, don't worry, I'm very lazy when it comes to that stuff, too Laughing
(the poor man of the webzine hasn't seen any review from me in ages, lol )

...Anyway, I'll get in contact with him and ask! Very Happy

principia wrote:
don't worry about it. prepare some good questions,do a detailed search about the bands,be sure of yourself,try to look cool and that's all. just think about all those jerks interviewing lots of kick ass musicians,don't worry they've seen worse people than you What a Face

Believe it or not, that really made me feel better, hahahah! Laughing
Soooo, I'll try my best! Very Happy
Even if... shit, I'm writing down a few questions I might ask to Blackie and I have TREMBLING HANDS Shocked if I continue like this, I'm going to faint for real

Quote :
*lucky that you're not gonna have to deal with a guy like Mustaine*

...THAT would be a nightmare Laughing

Quote :
btw,really,we can help you about it.

Yay, going for the topic, so! Very Happy
You'll be credited for help, by the way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   13th July 2010, 8:39 pm

Serena, it's a great news! To be able to meet and talk to the people who have been your heroes and who have had such a tremendous influence on your life ... I have the mixed feelings about being able to talk to all those celebrities. For example, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to stand in front of Blackie and say:"Hello, Blackie, my name is ..... Would you be so kind to answer a few questions ...." and the shit like this. I'm not a coward, but if I saw Blackie in flesh, I would shit my pants! On the other hand, it's not a usual thing to have the opportunity to be among the stars and to see who they are in their private lives. I wish you luck with the interviews and I would also like to suggest a few questions for Blackie. Of course, you will decide if the questions are worth mentioning, i.e. if they are interesting or not.

Wow, honey, you'll have the time of your life! I can hardly wait for you to go there and make some kick-ass inteviews and, of course, share your impressions with us, your WASP family !
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   13th July 2010, 9:36 pm

Doctor Ruin wrote:

Aaaw, don't worry, I'm very lazy when it comes to that stuff, too Laughing
(the poor man of the webzine hasn't seen any review from me in ages, lol )

...Anyway, I'll get in contact with him and ask! Very Happy

thanks Doc What a Face

Doctor Ruin wrote:
Believe it or not, that really made me feel better, hahahah! Laughing
Soooo, I'll try my best! Very Happy
Even if... shit, I'm writing down a few questions I might ask to Blackie and I have TREMBLING HANDS Shocked if I continue like this, I'm going to faint for real

happy that you feel better cherry

aw,think about that 6'4'' guy sitting beside you with all his grandeur then just imagine that moment when he stares at you with those eyes

haha,just kidding..well,it's a hard process of course but always keep in mind that he's just a human being. i'm sure he'll try to help you once you tell him how much of a fan you are and how much you respect him..

Bet has some problems with her internet connection but we'll think about as many questions as we can.
i'll think and write them down as they come to mind Wink

btw,praising his vocal abilities makes him very happy(one guy asked about it in Eddie's radio show,remember how happy he was? big grin ) ask him how he keeps his voice so well after so many years,and i'm sure he'll tell you the story of 30 years ago when he was about to lost his voice(and then that Doctor saved his life and career and he wrote Doctor Rockter for him )

haha ask it Serena big grin

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   13th July 2010, 10:31 pm

xanthipee wrote:
Serena, it's a great news! To be able to meet and talk to the people who have been your heroes and who have had such a tremendous influence on your life ... I have the mixed feelings about being able to talk to all those celebrities. For example, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to stand in front of Blackie and say:"Hello, Blackie, my name is ..... Would you be so kind to answer a few questions ...." and the shit like this. I'm not a coward, but if I saw Blackie in flesh, I would shit my pants! On the other hand, it's not a usual thing to have the opportunity to be among the stars and to see who they are in their private lives. I wish you luck with the interviews and I would also like to suggest a few questions for Blackie. Of course, you will decide if the questions are worth mentioning, i.e. if they are interesting or not.

Any help is welcome, really Very Happy and... yep, that is gonna be a freakin' great opportunity, that's true! Very Happy

Quote :
Wow, honey, you'll have the time of your life! I can hardly wait for you to go there and make some kick-ass inteviews and, of course, share your impressions with us, your WASP family !

Aaaaw, yep, I promise I'll come back with a report and as many pics as I can, hahahah Very Happy

principia wrote:
aw,think about that 6'4'' guy sitting beside you with all his grandeur then just imagine that moment when he stares at you with those eyes

Aaaaw...

Quote :
haha,just kidding..well,it's a hard process of course but always keep in mind that he's just a human being. i'm sure he'll try to help you once you tell him how much of a fan you are and how much you respect him..

Right on, the fact that he's just a human is exactly what I've been trying to get stuck in my mind again after discovering about the pass thing most than all, I do realize that it's just the same old stuff: I'm freaking afraid of looking like an idiot with a person I don't know. The fact that the other person, this time, is someone I love and respect so much, is what makes things even more difficult, especially considering that I have only few minutes to be labeled as a good girl or a dumbass. Laughing
But I'll try with your suggestion Very Happy
I've also been planning to bring him a drawing as a present, still have to work on it

Quote :
Bet has some problems with her internet connection but we'll think about as many questions as we can.
i'll think and write them down as they come to mind Wink

Aaaaw, poor Bet, I'm having some shitty connection problems too, hate that
Thanks for the support and help, girls, really!!! I love you Very Happy

Quote :
btw,praising his vocal abilities makes him very happy(one guy asked about it in Eddie's radio show,remember how happy he was? big grin ) ask him how he keeps his voice so well after so many years,and i'm sure he'll tell you the story of 30 years ago when he was about to lost his voice(and then that Doctor saved his life and career and he wrote Doctor Rockter for him )

haha ask it Serena big grin

YOU. ARE. A. GENIUS.
I remembered about him blowing up his voice and the doctor helping him (but I didn't know of the Doctor Rockter thing, thanks for that! Very Happy ), but I've always wondered if there ever was a point where he took singing lessons. Never found it in any interview I read and that would have been one of my questions in the interview of my dreams, but then I completely forgot about it, 'till I read your post! Very Happy Some praising of his voice would definitely be good, too Very Happy
(...even considering that it was one of the first things that totally got me when listening to W.A.S.P. for the first time Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   13th July 2010, 10:42 pm

yeah,tell him that Smile

tell him it wasn't the riffs,it wasn't the solos,it wasn't the 6'something good looking guys,it wasn't the lyrics or the shows that got you into the band...

it was his vocals...

then prepare for a big hug
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   13th July 2010, 11:03 pm

principia wrote:
then prepare for a big hug

...Then the interview would end even before starting, 'cos if he hugs me I'm gonna pass out Laughing

...but I still might take the risk Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   13th July 2010, 11:34 pm

ATTENTION, SERENA!!!!

DON'T LET BLACKIE HUG YOU! NOT BY ANY CHANCE! WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU!
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   14th July 2010, 12:13 am

... Not even a small hug?
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   14th July 2010, 10:37 pm

If you're sure you won't faint when Blackie hugs you! Hey, to be in Blackie Lawless' arms is not something that can be survived easily!
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   15th July 2010, 12:49 am

xanthipee wrote:
If you're sure you won't faint when Blackie hugs you! Hey, to be in Blackie Lawless' arms is not something that can be survived easily!

So true Laughing Laughing I'll try my best to survive, anyway

Oh, by the way... girls, I just asked the master of the webzine about the reviewers thing. Very Happy He said it's ok if you wanna join the webzine! Here's the link to the webzine, and here's the Myspace. You can find the e-mail in the "Contact us" section of the website, just send him your names, things you're interested to do (taking pictures, reviews, interviews, even graphics) and your favourite music genres. I know, the site is not very updated, but there's still very few people working on it. Anyway, there are plans for a new version of the site soon Very Happy
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   15th July 2010, 1:00 am

ah Doc,awesome!
thank you dear,we'll see what we can do
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   15th July 2010, 1:47 am

You're very welcome, hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   15th July 2010, 10:29 pm

Oh, one more thing: if you, girls, like tall guys, I have to inform you that the Serbian National Football team was the tallest on the previous World Championship, so, if you meet them somewhere, you will be able to feast your eyes!
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   16th July 2010, 12:26 am

Thanks a lot, Doc! Oh, I think we will have to work on graphics a bit rabbit Let's see what's to come king

And Xan.. Ah Lord, you're a great momma did you know that?
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   16th July 2010, 12:52 am

@ Bet: you're welcome, dear! Yep, I think the man would be more than glad if you can help him with graphics Very Happy

Betelguese wrote:
And Xan.. Ah Lord, you're a great momma did you know that?

Absolutely agree big grin
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   16th July 2010, 1:40 am

Doctor Ruin wrote:

I've also been planning to bring him a drawing as a present, still have to work on it

do it Doc! please bounce

Doctor Ruin wrote:
I remembered about him blowing up his voice and the doctor helping him (but I didn't know of the Doctor Rockter thing, thanks for that! Very Happy )

i'm not sure of that(well i guess i'm sure but) listen to Eddie's show again.
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   16th July 2010, 10:48 pm

Thanks, girls! It's so nice to hear that! It's great to be your Mom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.   Today at 10:19 pm

Back to top Go down

I. Still. Can't. Believe. It.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: Bar-
Jump to: