PortalHomeUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

W.A.S.P. concert memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: W.A.S.P. concert memories   11th June 2010, 11:04 pm

Ok, so... straight out of the topic in Ladies Room: share your memories from W.A.S.P. concerts you attended! Very Happy

Also, feel free to talk about meetings with the members, if you had any! If not... fantasy time! How do you think you would react during a meeting with Blackie and the guys? What would you like to tell 'em?

Share your experiences and fantasies over here =)

EDIT: just noticed that this is the 666th post on the whole forum, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   12th June 2010, 12:58 am

Well, as I have already said on the waspnation, I was at the concert in November 2009, but I didn't meet Blackie. Why? It was not meant to happen! I'm kidding, of course, but seriously, I can't imagine myself trembling in front of a rock star, wagging my tail and hoping to get an autograph. Maybe I'm too old, maybe I don't think I'm special in any way, maybe Blackie has already met a zillion of his fans and all the fans are alike. All the fans have the same stories. I'm sure I wouldn't tell him anything what he hasn't already heard.

But if I met Blackie in the fantasy world? Mmm, ... I actually like to fantasize about that ... In my dreams, Blackie and I meet, he falls on his knees in front of me and tells me he loves me madly. He asks me to MARRY him and we have a beautiful white wedding ...

Wow, what a bullshit dream! It's too much even for me!
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   12th June 2010, 2:00 am

Hahah, you're right on the fact that he met hundreds of people and it's probably also true that he heard hundreds of times certain things from fans Laughing I don't think that all the fans have the same stories, though Wink some may be similar, but hopefully there's always gonna be something different from one guy to another cherry

I'm not much for bothering the band to come out of the tour bus after a show either... if they are willing to do that, fine, if not, that's still ok. Very Happy But I like to hang around, whenever possible, to see what happens. Laughing Post concert moments are always fun, band meeting or not, you can still hang out with other fans and meet lots of funny people!
My only reason for wanting to meet Blackie that first time was to... personally thank him. Nothing so original, I know... I think he already knows that his music helped out lots of his fans, but I still wanted to pay my personal tribute to the man whose art made me go on through difficult times. Very Happy
...Anyway, since my attempt to thank Blackie kinda failed 'cos I suck at speaking, I seriously thought about sending him a letter through the fan mail or whatever it is... assuming that the fan mail STILL exists, lol

Nice dream meeting, by the way, lol! Laughing
As for me, I said many times that Blackie is the kind of person I'd love to have a talk with, so my dream meeting would probably include a room, time to sit down and just talk. :oops: Kinda like those conversational interviews I always loved to read cherry
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   13th June 2010, 12:38 am

To be honest, I don't actually dream about talking to Blackie. I can't see how it is possible, I mean, I can't imagine the situation in which I could talk to him, not to mention the topics we would discuss and the questions I would ask him ... Maybe I'm just too old ...
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   21st June 2010, 11:02 pm

well,nothing very special about our first WASP show(of course,other than seeing the big chief live ) but it was one of the most exciting nights ever..

i had been preparing for the gig since July of 2009,i was very excited and felt like i had to go see this one as i missed the previous gig in
2006..anyways,it was a very strange year for me,full of suprises;started university,moved to Istanbul,i was on my own and then i met Bet,probably the most important person in my entire life(can you believe we'd be like this,since we know eachother for only 9 months? ) we were so excited about the gig and we decided to have a blast that night while waiting for the day to come..

but "they say that life's a carousel" and it is really Neutral as i was waiting for the gig,and enjoying my new life-probably living the most peaceful days of my life- , i heard that my beloved grandfather was very ill-as he was for the couple of years- and three days later i heard that he passed away..he was the most important character for me,i probably never loved any of my family members more than him and never been loved that much by anyone else..

anyways,i was devastated and i had to go to my hometown for the funeral..when i got back it was only 2 days before the gig..i decided to stay at home that night,turn off all the lights,take some pictures with me and write something about him(well,simply mourne) but then i felt so strange that i felt like the walls were closing in,i could barely breathe,so i thought "i gotta" get out of the house..i called Bet,said "hun,we're going" and she was like "ok,wait,i gotta ask mum"..cancelling the event was my idea,thanks god we didn't buy the tickets,so she called me back 15 mins later and said "start preparing hun,i'm coming" Smile so i started preparing, got my tight jeans and leather jacket, put up a little make up,looked at the mirror and thought i was looking good and ready for the gig i'm sure somewhere,my grandpa thought i was looking good and was happy to see me smiling

about half an hour later,Bet showed up and we got on the train to Maçka..it was 18:00 and the gig was on 21:00,but it was a loong way,we didn't have the tickets and most importantly we didn't have a clue where the venue was

we got to Taksim Square,which is the capitol of Istanbul -therefore Turkey- and asked a couple of people about the venue: an old man selling "simit"(i don't know if you know that one ), a guy working on a coach company,and finally a security guy he told us how to go there after an half an hour city tour

we got there,it was 20:30, saw a long queue waiting to buy tickets,thought we'd be late for the gig but 5 mins later we got the tickets in our hands..we went inside and found the best place,we were on the 3rd row even though we were late unbelievable..we were at the venue..we decided to attend the gig,then we cancelled,then all of a sudden we changed our minds and everything went so smooth Smile

do i need to explain how awesome the gig was? how we felt when we saw the man on the stage? and how awful and numb we felt after the gig?
well,i don't think so..i guess it's the common feeling that you hardly tell it was real..and the feeling goes on for weeks..

the next morning,for the first time i didn't hear my alarm clock and i was late for the chem. lab. (and i didn't fucking care about it Smile )

for some reason,it was the most magical experience of my life,although there's nothing very special about it.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   22nd June 2010, 12:27 am

Aaaaw, so sorry to hear about your grandfather, dear... Sad I can truly believe how heartbreaking that must have been... losing someone you love is just terrible Sad But yep, I think too he was more than glad to see you smiling again =)

By the way, I think every memory is special in its very own way... lots of emotions went on there, and every single moment of it will remain in your mind and bring back the beautiful, bad and strange feelings of that time. And feelings are what makes an experience something unique =)

Getting lost in the city seems to be a must for concerts, though! Me and Joe got lost in Bologna, too, when trying to reach the hotel! Actually, we got the right bus number... but it was the one going on the wrong side we discovered that only after half an hour, we had to get down in the middle of nowhere and then take the right bus for another 45 minutes trip to finally reach the hotel. Don't you just hate when you ask someone for infos and nobody seems to be able to answer, by the way? Seems to happen almost everytime you get lost somewhere
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   12th July 2010, 10:09 pm

K, lemme post some pics from the concert ahah, I loved doing it

There was that guy jumped on the stage that night, and at the same venue, there was another guy jumped on Overkill's stage; at the same venue another one jumped on the Nevermore stage grabbing the cap of Warrel Dane's Luckily he chased him after taking the cap back with a little work over him big grin
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   12th July 2010, 11:00 pm

haha great pics

that place obviously makes you feel the urge to jump on the stage (and the guy on the stage for sure) the guys have to take care of themselves cause the fuckin security sucks

warrel was awesome(as always ) taking his hat back
next time i'll be the one to jump onto the stage and take something from Blaze

Last edited by principia on 13th July 2010, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   12th July 2010, 11:06 pm

principia wrote:
haha great pics

that place obviously makes you feel the urge to jump on the stage (and the guy on the stage for sure) the guys have to take care of themselves vause the fuckin security sucks

warrel was awesome(as always ) taking his hat back
next time i'll be the one to jump onto the stage and take something from Blaze

Arrrghh aığhh uh okay.

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   13th July 2010, 9:41 am

Hahahahah, seems jumping on stage is a sort of tradition over there, so Laughing
I laughed SO much when I saw the video of the guy who jumped on stage during W.A.S.P. concert

principia wrote:
that place obviously makes you feel the urge to jump on the stage (and the guy on the stage for sure) the guys have to take care of themselves vause the fuckin security sucks
We have some shitty security, too, in most of concerts Neutral at Gods Of Metal festival, two years ago, they barely took a look at what I had in my bag... hell, it was a damn huge bag, I could have had ANYTHING in there Neutral
...On W.A.S.P. concerts, instead, they always have some sort of nazis as bodyguards Laughing they were literally picking up and throwing back again every single guy that was crowd surfing, to make sure that they would come back to the crowd and not jump on stage Laughing

Oh, by the way... what is that sort of wheel made of lights in the pictures? I remember seeing the second pic Bet posted on Deviantart or some place like that, and I've been wondering a lot on what that thing was looks cool!
Great pics, anyway Very Happy

*Gosh, I want a good quality camera, too D: I'm tired of my shitty and blurry pictures Suspect *
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   13th July 2010, 1:32 pm

Doctor Ruin wrote:

Oh, by the way... what is that sort of wheel made of lights in the pictures? I remember seeing the second pic Bet posted on Deviantart or some place like that, and I've been wondering a lot on what that thing was looks cool!
Great pics, anyway Very Happy

*Gosh, I want a good quality camera, too D: I'm tired of my shitty and blurry pictures Suspect *

it's a ferris wheel cherry

Maçka Küçükçiftlik Park is a little amusement park and some of the concerts take place there. of course,the amusement park is seperated from the pretty big field and the stage. in that WASP gig,the stage was in front of the park,so the lights of the ferris wheel could be seen. it's a great view isn't it? kinda like that "electric circus" touch jocolor

but the stage was set in a totally different place of the park in Unirock Festival. we only saw Nevermore in that festival and when we arrived there Bet said,"look it's completely different" and i didn't understand at first(i'm kinda dumb when it comes to noticing things like that ) but now i see. Jeff(Loomis ) looked at the audience once,saw the wheel and the people on it and waved at them. now i'm thinking about it,if the stage was set on the same place as WASP,then he wouldn't see the wheel in front of him

bounce
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   15th July 2010, 2:00 am

principia wrote:
it's a ferris wheel cherry

Maçka Küçükçiftlik Park is a little amusement park and some of the concerts take place there. of course,the amusement park is seperated from the pretty big field and the stage. in that WASP gig,the stage was in front of the park,so the lights of the ferris wheel could be seen. it's a great view isn't it? kinda like that "electric circus" touch jocolor

Aaaaw, so that's what it is Very Happy You're right, by the way, looks a lot like an "Electric Circus" kind of stage... love it! cherry

Quote :
but the stage was set in a totally different place of the park in Unirock Festival. we only saw Nevermore in that festival and when we arrived there Bet said,"look it's completely different" and i didn't understand at first(i'm kinda dumb when it comes to noticing things like that ) but now i see. Jeff(Loomis ) looked at the audience once,saw the wheel and the people on it and waved at them. now i'm thinking about it,if the stage was set on the same place as WASP,then he wouldn't see the wheel in front of him

bounce

Hahahah, nice from Jeff to wave at the people on the wheel, lol. Don't worry about not noticing stuff, by the way, I have some troubles with it too ("Is that the 201 bus?" "Bus? Which bus? " ). Funny about the stage changing place from time to time, hahah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   16th July 2010, 12:42 am

all look ladies, it's completely different
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. concert memories   

Back to top Go down

W.A.S.P. concert memories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top